Oxygen E mate MTB13AH

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
No bridleways today! -4C when I set out. Despite winter gloves and glove liners, my thumbs were numb with cold by the time I arrived 36 minutes later. The rest of me stood up well.

There was quite a dusting of snow overnight, so the Ice Spikers were needed. I am glad of their grip, although it's hard to say how I would have fared on other tyres. Not well, I suspect.

I took a shorter route and the battery thanked me for it. We'll see how it goes on the ride home, which will be longer if the daylight holds out.

Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Try a pair of thin silk base layer gloves first about £6 on ebay.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I am wearing lobster claw gloves with a silk under lining. It's only the thumbs that get cold. Only a few days to endure, then I'll hope the spring springs.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
-4C again today and a little more snow, so the paths were getting a little rutted. Ice I can handle, but not deeply rutted, frozen snow. I took the short route, so the thumbs weren't quite as cold today, but still painful.

The gentleman who hooted me when I had the audacity to pull out from a side road 200 yards before he got there got told in no uncertain terms to find a job involving travel and sex. His female passenger looked suitably embarrassed by his behaviour.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
Anybody had any overheating problems with the oxygen motor on hill climbing?

D

Deleted member 4366

They're just standard motors. SWX02 at the moment, previously Bafang CST, Dapu, and Bafang SWX - going back in time.

You can overheat any motor if you give it high power at low speed for long enough.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
They're just standard motors. SWX02 at the moment, previously Bafang CST, Dapu, and Bafang SWX - going back in time.

You can overheat any motor if you give it high power at low speed for long enough.
How is the new swx02 compared with the bigger bafang bpm motor with same no load speed at same current when it comes to torque and overheating D8veh? From what I understand from woosh post the swx02 is 4kg so about same weight and same gearing butt smaller diameter/torque.But maybe wider stator to compensate?

Last edited:

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Can't say I've noticed, but then I do put quite a bit of effort in myself and try to be in a lowish gear before ascending hills. How do you know it's overheating whilst riding? Does it affect performance?

D

Deleted member 4366

How is the new swx02 compared with the bigger bafang bpm motor with same no load speed at same current when it comes to torque and overheating D8veh? From what I understand from woosh post the swx02 is 4kg so about same weight and same gearing butt smaller diameter/torque.But maybe wider stator to compensate?
There's so many different versions of the BPM with different windings, it's difficult to say.

In theory, the Q128 motors should give more torque than the SWX02 because they run faster with bigger reduction ratios. That's assuming that they both have the same external speed, voltage and current.

What's behind your original question?

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
There's so many different versions of the BPM with different windings, it's difficult to say.

In theory, the Q128 motors should give more torque than the SWX02 because they run faster with bigger reduction ratios. That's assuming that they both have the same external speed, voltage and current.

I want the best legal hub motor availiable torque and heathing wise.With a speed from 27 khm -35 kmh.
After many diffrent hub and mid drives I have come to the conclusion I like hub motors best.
My latest bike has a 29"wheel with a q128 201 rpm at 48volt with 17a controller.The bike is Perfect,I want smilar performance but LEGAL.
I also have an Mac 10 motor in a 29e bike and it is even better at the same current,But not legal.

So my alternatives is:

1.Woosh 48v 250w kit in 700cc heel (avaliable in the summer) which is a very nice kit and legal.

2.a complete 250w BPM kit from Xiongda (only EN 1594 certified for 36 volt)

3.MXUS XF 18 motor.Which I belive could be a very strong motor.
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/new-250w-mxus-motor-outrunner-1-8-reduction.29564/

4.The legal 250 w MAC motor from ebikesolution.Very expensive.
http://www.ebike-solutions.com/de/shop/elektrofahrrad-umbausaetze/pedelec-umbausaetze/ebs-puma-250w-pedelec-umbausatz.html

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Slow ride home for me too & not a pleasant journey. The Ice Spikers are fine on ice, but not at all good on snow & slush & that is what I had to contend with a lot of the ride and I was tramlining constantly. I nearly had an off in Kenilworth in a queue of traffic I was riding around. The outer studs on the tyres saved me. I shan't be riding tomorrow. The snow is forecast to persist overnight and into the morning. The drive in will NOT be fun.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

I still have the Q128H 201RPM on one of my test bikes.
You can test ride Q128H, SWX02 36V code 13 and the SWX02 48V code 16 when you pass through Southend.

Last edited:

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
I still have the Q128H 201RPM on one of my test bikes.
You can test ride Q128H, SWX02 36V code 13 and the SWX02 48V code 16 when you pass through Southend.
Which one do you feel is the best climber?

D

Deleted member 4366

Q128 has an easy-peal label on it. If you take it off, nobody would try and say it's not a 250w motor. The size and shape are identical to any other Chinese 250w hub-motor. This legal thing is really arbitrary. As long as you limit the motor to 25 km/h, nobody will bother you.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Yes, please start a separate thread. This is ostensibly about Oxygens and experiences thereon...

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
wrong thread to answer that question, Boris.
I guess you forgot about that in your other post ;)

"I still have the Q128H 201RPM on one of my test bikes.
You can test ride Q128H, SWX02 36V code 13 and the SWX02 48V code 16 when you pass through Southend."

I just want a short answer which is the best climber between Q128H and the swx02 48 volt kit?
No I will leave this thread alone for its orginal topic

• Dislike
Reactions: Warwick

Related Articles

Advertisers