parts an prices from china

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
do you have any solution?
No, and that is why I am so despairing for the future of this country.

The obvious answers to our problems lay in the past and by not implementing them when they could have worked, we've allowed the situation to get beyond any easy correction.

What can one say of a people who are not employed yet would rather let crops rot in the fields while they shop in German supermarkets, making that successful EU country even richer yet.

And then say our failings are all the EU's fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
do you have any solution?
I am one of those "economically inactive", retiring first at 42. Got bored, started yet another company, and retired again at 52... and nothing would get me back to work now at 62.

A whole bunch of us 60's Baby Boomers (inc. me and several friends/colleagues) had a comparatively easy ride through life: If you got your head down and worked hard, it wasn't too difficult to build a decent/comfortable "retire early" plan. Only my militant ex-colleagues who were intent on kicking against the regime are still working (having to work), many well past the date they otherwise could have retired.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What can one say of a people who are not employed yet would rather let crops rot in the fields while they shop in German supermarkets, making that successful EU country even richer yet.

And then say our failings are all the EU's fault.
To force poorer people to work, you will have to remove their social safety net, remove their right to buy their council homes etc. Alternatively, you'll have to tax house ownership until a large enough chunk of investment is moved from housing to industrial.

I am one of those "economically inactive", retiring first at 42. Got bored, started yet another company, and retired again at 52... and nothing would get me back to work now at 62.

A whole bunch of us 60's Baby Boomers (inc. me and several friends/colleagues) had a comparatively easy ride through life: If you got your head down and worked hard, it wasn't too difficult to build a decent/comfortable "retire early" plan. Only my militant ex-colleagues who were intent on kicking against the regime are still working (having to work), many well past the date they otherwise could have retired.
How about the poorer among the 10 millions of us who choose not to take up employment because of young children or old parents that they have to look after.

Reactions: vidtek

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Manufacturing industry is gone, a huge number of companies are now foreign owned and we have incredible debts. We left the EU with something like £1.8 trillion of debt and the pandemic added a whole extra amount of debt to those.

I cannot believe anyone would be as stupid to state that joining the EU was in some way better for the UK financially. The UK sent huge oil income to the EU for its contributions and then started selling assets to pay its contributions and at then after than starting borrowing because of the financial shortfall and that is where we are today with every person in this country having to pay thousands per year just to service the interest on our debts.

We have to return to a trading surplus and we can't do that while linked to the EU and have to start paying off our crippling debts. Even if we start paying back our debts today and return to a trade surplus these debts will probably take 50 years to clear and be a huge hardship for the people of this country such is the legacy of joining the EU.
what do you think if the Labour party wins the next election?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
To force poorer people to work, you will have to remove their social safety net, remove their right to buy their council homes etc. Alternatively, you'll have to tax house ownership until a large enough chunk of investment is moved from housing to industrial.
To enlarge on my previous answer, these are on the same lines as my thinking. I would enforce personal responsibility much more strongly instead of the current removals of that. As well as your two suggestions which I think can both be implemented rather than just be alternatives, there are other measures to emphasise the importance of taking personal responsibility.

One is the limiting of bank compensation for the consequences of fraud to the genuinely deserving. A very high proportion of fraud results from sheer greed, such as otherwise intelligent people falling for an impossibly high interest rate offer. They should pay for their stupidity and greed by loss, not all the other bank customers and shareholders paying for it. The publicity of their losses would result in more caution by others so preventing this crime in most cases, and crime prevention is a responsibility of all of us.

The other area of personal responsibility I would enforce is stopping the abuse of A & E and ambulance services. Far too many clog them with needs such as minor splinters, cuts, grazes and sprains which always used to be self treated until quite recent times. It's why we have pharmacies for the wherewithals for treatment and advice when necessary. My controlling measure for both A & E and ambulances would be a deterrent charge for use of either, not payable in cases which triage assess as justifiable use.

The overall clear message should be that we are all primarily personally responsible for looking after all aspects of our lives to the best of our individual abilities. Only where the problem exceeds one's abilities should one seek state assistance.

As Sir William Beveridge said when proposing a welfare state, a Safety Net to protect the unfortunate, not a catch all service for everyone.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

that's there new plan as was told in my case ill be ordered to use a ied to show me how to apply for work.

i said if you think you can mandate me to use one of those and log in to my job site accounts is not going to happen.

if they have a conditionality problem with my claim then i can provide any of the information they require.

now as i have racked up 19374 job applications in 7 years who is going to be teaching who :p

looks like there after another good ass kicking it is my data and they can fook right off the twats.

https://flic.kr/p/Y5Dn5u
https://flic.kr/p/YDtAHA

• :D
  • Agree
Reactions: vidtek and Woosh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
now as i have racked up 19374 job applications in 7 years who is going to be teaching who :p
That's nearly 8 a day, 365 days a year. You should ring all those rejectors asking Ali G's question:

"Is it cos is black?"

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
That's nearly 8 a day, 365 days a year. You should ring all those rejectors asking Ali G's question:

"Is it cos is black?"
no it is becouse back in the day when the pens went out the window and the computers came in we was all now djs, digital job seekers and sat in offices banging out job apps so they could get and big fat job outcome payment and used threats of sanctions if we didn't.

and when it did not work it was just apply for more jobs and did it for years and now my cv is trashed to the point it is useless.

all for corporate greed, well they never got a fkn penny out of me :p

what they need to do is give the job outcome payments to the claimant's say 50% after 1 year then 25% year 2 and 25% years 3 to stay in the job.

providers get about 5k for one of those and double that if on esa

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
oh and it gets even better.

He added: "This additional jobcentre support will both improve claimants’ prospects of finding more work at a time of cost of living pressures and boost economic growth by helping more people move towards and enter the labour market."

It comes amid plans being considered by Chancellor Jeremy Hunt to introduce job coaches in GP surgeries as part of his attempt to get over-50s back into work.

Mr Hunt previously said he wants to get this age group "off the golf course" to find a second or third career.

wtf are these ppl on crack so i got to do a 2 week course going to the jcp to sign on every day and that's going to be like a magic epiphany that's turns out to be look at my cv now i did a 2 week course signing on i did and now i can fly a f35 with 1 arm :D

The DWP can make a consolation payment to a claimant for when gross inconvenience has been caused.

It paid out £323,446.33 in 2018. This rose to £355,484.37 in 2019, but fell to £342,901.82 in 2020.

The next year, 2021, saw a huge increase with £551,513.69 paid out. This figure was surpassed in the first nine months of 2022 with £580,016.18 distributed.

so they owe me 1 year for that tribunal as that was a gross inconvenience.

2 years for the first work programme as when i went for induction at 3.30 then sat in the training room till 5 ans some guy sticks his head and says we are closing now and the person i was meant to see was not even there that day.:rolleyes:

then when she was there i said im not signing anything and went fkn crazy telling me i have no choice i can phone the police im like carry on and was parked for the hole 2 years pmsl.

and 6 years for dumping me on the top floor after the tribunal like some broken toy because no one wanted to play with me any more.

and £1 for every job application i can prove as print out my email box every week with all the reply's and i should be able to retire :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
all i get is thanks for trying and bugeroff

it was 5k but i got it 2nd hand for 3500.

tho i did finally get a call yesterday day from a agency as found my cv online but wanted a fast based heavy lifting job to get covered but i cant do jobs like that anymore.

i think she was on crack as well as when i checked the number it said Longridge Zeus Personnel Ltd . o_O

its only 167 miles away what do they think i use for transport airwolf.

all i got to do is push the turbo button 16mins 42 seconds and cost 10k in jet fuel:p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Kev.k

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2023
No one in the west is really any better off than us.

When the petrodollar ends the USA is screwed.

This shocked me and not many things do. No wonder inflation is through the roof.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
check out the gold and silver prices ;)

all to prop up the dollars just wait when the bond market crashes as that's there plan for a cbdc and a debt reset bank bail in its all been planed for.

Kev.k

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2023
I think they will have to wait a bit longer to try and force digital currency on everyone.

The USA would burn for a start.

It’s scary how quick everything has gone 1984.

I have no qualms about moving to a BRICS country in the future. I support the opposite side to 99% of people regarding Ukraine, and don’t agree with the direction the west is heading in.

This guy is worth €500m now. Wonder how that happened?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they made a film about the future and it is pretty much on track.

seems a work coach is a Karen.

WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?
Karen is a pejorative slang term for an obnoxious, angry, entitled, and often racist middle-aged white woman who uses her privilege to get her way or police other people’s behaviors.

As featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being an anti-vaxx , Generation X soccer mom.

mine must be a bit crap as said needs her manager to see me next time with her. :D

https://flic.kr/p/2eod4Re
and i get hate mail all because i say no to there bs demands im sure they don't sign there contracts like that pp scribble.

plod is the same
https://flic.kr/p/2jWP75v
fkn twats wake me up as already in the house and came in my room and sparked up a roll up and they both said do you not mind smoking while we are here and they had fkn face masks on.:rolleyes:

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
As a kid I knew that, if I wanted something, I had to work for it. Stealing was/is not an option. This immeadiately enters the area of personal honour, where is that spoken about today?
As a teenager I had various part time jobs (paper round, shelf stacker etc.) and have worked since I left school at 16. I was lucky to get a Post Office engineering apprenticeship before it became BT. In the years I have been a roadie, lift installer, self employed carpenter, vehicle security installer, production manager - none of them lasting more than 5 or 6 years.
Now, in my late 60's, I am still working as a sole trader electrician/carpenter albeit part time.
It is a matter of personal pride that I have never signed on or had benefits of any kind, and am somewhat pissed off to find that my state pension (which I worked nigh on 50 years for) is called a benefit.
I agree that there needs to be a much greater expectation of personal responsibility. But I don't see how you can legislate for this.
Firstly it is political suicide and no incumbent government is going to go that way unless they abolish elections.
The attitiude is one that comes from ones general upbringing, parents, teachers, local community.
For too long an attitude of entitlement has been fostered within a culture of blame and fault finding. The entitlement leads to people accepting obscenely huge payouts as company ceo's and also, at the other end, people thinking that society owes them a living.
This is all attitudinal and I don't see how you legislate for it.

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
To enlarge on my previous answer, these are on the same lines as my thinking. I would enforce personal responsibility much more strongly instead of the current removals of that. As well as your two suggestions which I think can both be implemented rather than just be alternatives, there are other measures to emphasise the importance of taking personal responsibility.

One is the limiting of bank compensation for the consequences of fraud to the genuinely deserving. A very high proportion of fraud results from sheer greed, such as otherwise intelligent people falling for an impossibly high interest rate offer. They should pay for their stupidity and greed by loss, not all the other bank customers and shareholders paying for it. The publicity of their losses would result in more caution by others so preventing this crime in most cases, and crime prevention is a responsibility of all of us.

The other area of personal responsibility I would enforce is stopping the abuse of A & E and ambulance services. Far too many clog them with needs such as minor splinters, cuts, grazes and sprains which always used to be self treated until quite recent times. It's why we have pharmacies for the wherewithals for treatment and advice when necessary. My controlling measure for both A & E and ambulances would be a deterrent charge for use of either, not payable in cases which triage assess as justifiable use.

The overall clear message should be that we are all primarily personally responsible for looking after all aspects of our lives to the best of our individual abilities. Only where the problem exceeds one's abilities should one seek state assistance.

As Sir William Beveridge said when proposing a welfare state, a Safety Net to protect the unfortunate, not a catch all service for everyone.
Flecc. What about the greed of the bankers who caused the 2008 crash and then were bailed out by we taxpayers? They got off scot-free, unlike the bankers in Iceland who were prosecuted and jailed.
It's always one law for the rich and powerful in this country, another for the rest of us.

Reactions: robert44