Pedelecs frum makes me feel sick

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the word 'forums' is in plural, that implies to me that all forms of pedelecs are welcome and not 'illegal pedelecs are banned here'.

Mar 9, 2016
It is getting rather semantic but I,d guess since in UK there is no thing as an S pedelec, an illegal pedelec is simply an ebike and in reality a moped / motorbike ?
Is there such a thing as an illegal pedelec? Doesn't the illegality simply move it out of pedelec class???

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
flud, the forum was a broad church place until very recently - about 2 years ago. I hate to see that freedom of information being curtailed because some people want to shape the forum to their personal views.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Flud I do
It is getting rather semantic but I,d guess since in UK there is no thing as an S pedelec, an illegal pedelec is simply an ebike and in reality a moped / motorbike ?
Is there such a thing as an illegal pedelec? Doesn't the illegality simply move it out of pedelec class???

Flud that's it your done and dusted on this thread as you are way past your 3 post rule.:D:D

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Add anyone who says your instead of you're.

Mar 9, 2016
flud, the forum was a broad church place until very recently - about 2 years ago. I hate to see that freedom of information being curtailed because some people want to shape the forum to their personal views.
Believe it or not I feel exactly same. There should be a place for anyone to post whatever they want about any ebike.
So I stick to my opinion from 4 weeks ago. The basic site name should be " ebikes". ( or similar) Then split into 2 distinct sections.
Pedelecs and ebikes.
Each of these then into styles. ( ie road and mountain)
The current organisation is causing the arguments.
What right have I to moan about ebikes ??? None...untl they are grouped with Pedelecs??
If this opinion makes people feel sick or is viewed as obnoxious is not really my concern.
Pedelecs are a distinct group within ebikes
and not vice versa.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
The basic site name should be " ebikes". ( or similar) Then split into 2 distinct sections.
Pedelecs and ebikes.
Each of these then into styles. ( ie road and mountain).
I bet your underwear is sorted by colour, then style, then grouped into daily allotments with an excess allocation for 'unforeseen circumstances'.

You should really learn to "live and let live".

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
I bet your underwear is sorted by colour, then style, then grouped into daily allotments with an excess allocation for 'unforeseen circumstances'.

You should really learn to "live and let live".
Mine are apart from unforeseen circumstances.:D

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
flud, as far as I know, only Soundwave shows off his dongle and his LCD in the wrong places. Most newbies who ask questions about how to derestrict their bikes are usually given the information and a reminder that it's illegal to do so and so. The responsibility of organising the categories and shortcuts are best left to the site owners.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It might appear that way and I see the logic of your argument.

However, in UK electrified bicycle usage law there are no pedelecs or e-bikes, there are only EAPCs (Electric Assist Pedal Cycles).

The only mention of the word pedelec in our law is in the Two and Three Wheeled Motor Vehicle Type Approval Regulations, derived by translation from an EU regulation. There it appears in the exemptions from type approval as motor vehicles.

Ergo, in respect of our interests, there are only EAPCs and two wheeled motor vehicles, the latter divided into various L classifications with individual names.

damian

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2015
Belfast
Since this is getting back to am argument thread I thought I'd add my piece.
I don't post much because I don't know much about bikes or ebikes. I did come here and learn a lot before I got one and found it very useful.
I still enjoy reading many of the threads but find others tedious and repetitive.
A few people tend to post what seems like one sided advice, without thinking about the requirements of the OP.
So it's 'get a crank drive' or 'get a mountain bike and a dongle' or 'here's one £1000 over your budget'.
i can understand people then pointing out that this advice might not be the best *for the OP* but often this has become a back and forward slanging match.
It'd be good to see people easing up on that sort of attitude.

One piece of advice I would like though - how do I add someone to my ignore list? Another member used to bore me so I ignored him and my life improved ever so slightly

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
One piece of advice I would like though - how do I add someone to my ignore list?
In the line above the threads containing the headings titles, you'll see your user name. Hover over that and a two column list appears. Low in the right hand column you'll see People you ignore. Click on that and you can enter the member.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The situation with pedelecs is much less serious than with cars which are proved to be dangerous weapons in the hands of many... Some forum members could maybe just think about that for a moment and then run off an get a life or something..

I have yet to find one single legal kit on the market, there is always a little niggly little detail, so most if not all who have a kit mounted are riding illegal bikes. There are many kits available which are within the spirit of the law and most people who have a kit mounted ride their pedelec within the spirit of the law. That is good enough for me and yes I am very much aware that it isn't good enough in the eye of the law but many much worse things are being done in its name as I write!

There are many brand name bikes which are in the same situation - all of those using an LCD giving the user access to the setting of maximum speed for example. And those delivering a bike without full printed documentation as per EN regulations in the language of the country it is delivered to... No, sorry "it is online" isn't 100% legal just yet.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
The situation with pedelecs is much less serious than with cars which are proved to be dangerous weapons in the hands of many... Some forum members could maybe just think about that for a moment and then run off an get a life or something..

I have yet to find one single legal kit on the market, there is always a little niggly little detail, so most if not all who have a kit mounted are riding illegal bikes. There are many kits available which are within the spirit of the law and most people who have a kit mounted ride their pedelec within the spirit of the law. That is good enough for me and yes I am very much aware that it isn't good enough in the eye of the law but many much worse things are being done in its name as I write!

There are many brand name bikes which are in the same situation - all of those using an LCD giving the user access to the setting of maximum speed for example. And those delivering a bike without full printed documentation as per EN regulations in the language of the country it is delivered to... No, sorry "it is online" isn't 100% legal just yet.
I think most you say here needs to be pointed out to newcomer's. Added to the pedelec law page would be even better, must be lots that just read and not ask questions.

Mar 9, 2016
Another Kiwi
Think you,ve written a good post and its makes sense, and much as I don't agree totally with it, I understand your reasoning. But why stick the bit about getting a life ??
Its just not needed.
Repeating myself yet again but if you and I were stood in pub having this conversation you wouldn't dream of saying go get a life ???
Yes you have your opinion, I respect it but don't agree with it.
End of. I ain't disrespecting you because I don't agree with your opinion.
Craig or
Think you,ll find many who have been involved with ebikes for years are saying similar. A few long standing members have gone for this very reason. The oowners couldn't really put an addendum on law page " please ignore all this" could they??
Who knows ? On second thoughts they might.

Last edited:

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
But why stick the bit about getting a life ??
Its just not needed.
Repeating myself yet again but if you and I were stood in pub having this conversation you wouldn't dream of saying go get a life ???
The opportunity to say "Get a life" might just never happen in real life, that person may just have given up talking to you long before then.

I for one would certainly say to someone face to face that yes you've said that before many times, but can you drop it please.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
I didn't mean the ignore bit.Not much info on the law page about the LCD screens,are they a off road switch or not ? No info about home built bikes.It's no good saying here is a legal 250w bike/kit and for some reason it's not,may as well ride a real illegal bike.

Sent from my D101 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisers