Prices of the electricity we use to charge

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
if considering solar who is good to talk to/buy from? Ive had a few cold calls on the landline that did not inspire much confidence and dont know anyone local who has taken the plunge, except for the one unfriendly neighbor.. (took a parcel misdeleverd to me round b4 christmas and got shouted at "Why u sending my wife pictures of your front door??" When it was obviously the delivery driver who mis-delivered!! ho humm tldr not asking him..)
Don't use cold-callers. They'll rip you off. Find a reputable local installer.

When you specify your system, make sure you get an inverter of at least 5kw.
Get as many panels as will fit on your roof, not just a set amount. The more the better.
Ask about how you can get electricity during a power cut because the default situation is that you don't get it even though you're generating and/or have it in your batteries.
Get the biggest batteries you can afford.
Try to get an inverter/charger that can take an input from a generator to charge the batteries, or install a switch that can switch between mains and generator 230v charging.

• Informative
Reactions: thelarkbox

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Don't use cold-callers. They'll rip you off. Find a reputable local installer.

When you specify your system, make sure you get an inverter of at least 5kw.
Get as many panels as will fit on your roof, not just a set amount. The more the better.
Ask about how you can get electricity during a power cut because the default situation is that you don't get it even though you're generating and/or have it in your batteries.
Get the biggest batteries you can afford.
Try to get an inverter/charger that can take an input from a generator to charge the batteries, or install a switch that can switch between mains and generator 230v charging.
Thanks.. I looked into it a Long time ago, my roof /house faces almost dead east and was initially advised only the south facing slope of the roof was suitable for panels. As any panels on the east or west facing slopes would only work in the morning or afternoon?? Thus at the time the benefit was limited, the 'cold callers' since though i suspect the original company i spoke to sold on my details, as they all new my postcode and other details.. have suggested otherwise, and while i am aware the tech has undergone a couple of 'generations' of development since the early 2000's is it that good??

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240525_141639[1].jpg

thats my peak time bar fkn clouds

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"We will not run out of iron 'til the sun turns into a red giant."

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Sustainable, high-performance paper coating material could reduce microplastic pollution"

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The article says that the installation has 10mwh storage capacity but yields only 73 mwh per annum? That does not sound good enough.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Some company floats the idea of using microwave to vaporize the earth crust to reach the magma below our feet. Their proof of concept equipment is supposed to blast about 1mm of rocks an hour but claim that the proposed equipment can drill a10km hole in about a year. Geothermal reserve would be suitable to meet our current demands for about 5 million years. By then, fusion would have taken over.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
goes up the road today and 3 national grid vans and a digger dick and edd have only gone and cut the mains fkn cable that powers one side of the road in one of the new builds with the heat pumps on. :rolleyes: