Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20231220_110638[1].jpg

need more power :p

Reactions: PC2017

pokemonaq8

Just Joined
Dec 20, 2023
I'm one of the fortunate few who won't be bothered in any way by this, but I'm well aware that these sort of costs will be disastrous for many. I can foresee many elderly and vulnerable people dying of hypothermia next winter if the government doesn't do something far more drastic than their present inadequate relief plans.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I'm one of the fortunate few who won't be bothered in any way by this, but I'm well aware that these sort of costs will be disastrous for many. I can foresee many elderly and vulnerable people dying of hypothermia next winter if the government doesn't do something far more drastic than their present inadequate relief plans.
They gave me £500 towards my electricity and gas bills. That's quite a lot of heating.. my heating bill is about £100 per month, so it covers me for November, Dec, Jan, Feb and March. I didn't switch on my heating until the end of November. Personally, I think it would have been better to pay a bit less, then spend the rest on advice about how to keep warm. A teddybear suit and an electric blanket don’t cost much and use very little power. It's maybe not ideal, but it'll keep you alive.

Reactions: robert44

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
BEV mandate Vote stopped by storm power cut, then state flooded, leccy cars all be duds, diesel to the rescue! Seems the man upstairs is sending them a message? :)
(Joke, humour, etc, not to belittle the losses and dangers befalling people of Maine)

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
221kw was the cheapest month with the new inverter if i turned everything on looking at 500kw a month, tho the hut will fall to bits :p
Is that kWh-ours, rather than kW-atts? Toasty!

Original post of 5.7kwh per AI question begs the question of WHO is paying for the electricity?
(Enough for 22 round trips to town on a 250w bike here!)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
we use about 14-15kw per day@ 28p kwh about 5 quid per day with standing charge

• Agree
Reactions: PC2017

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Here's a story that's going to worry a few EV owners. A guy ran over a bump in his nearly new Ioniq, which scratched the battery cover plate. It's unclear whether there was other damage, but the garage decided that for safety the battery should be replaced. The cost quoted was $61,000 for the car that only cost $55,000 new. It wasn't covered by warranty because it was damage. He therefore had to claim on his insurance. The Insurance wrote off the car and paid him their market price. he ended up with not enough money to buy a replacement and lost his NCB so that his future insurance was going to be sky high.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Here's a story that's going to worry a few EV owners. A guy ran over a bump in his nearly new Ioniq, which scratched the battery cover plate. It's unclear whether there was other damage, but the garage decided that for safety the battery should be replaced. The cost quoted was $61,000 for the car that only cost $55,000 new. It wasn't covered by warranty because it was damage. He therefore had to claim on his insurance. The Insurance wrote off the car and paid him their market price. he ended up with not enough money to buy a replacement and lost his NCB so that his future insurance was going to be sky high.
what you got a broken connection on the main board!! replace the hole logic board 96% off the price of a new one.

apple crap = unfixable expensive throw away crap and even if you can get oem parts it still wont work without pairing the parts with there software they give to no one.

why fix it when you can throw it away and buy a new one it is called renewable tech and unfixable junk. and made this way on purpose for total control.

if i had 30-50k id just build one my self remove all the control and can bus bs source and build my own batts i could keep it going forever bar motor bearings ect, bet you cant buy those either same as my bosch motor and min order of 1000 units each bearing gets expensive fast.

m8s canyon bike will go the the tip when the motor goes as no way to buy a new one as only option is from eu and no uk dealer will regen unlock it wtf.

cant buy a new motor in the uk either as warranty replacement only cant open the motor as will get software bricked 6 grand in the bin and peter wont touch them with a barge poll as shitmano tried to burn his company down and made them replace every motor they opened because they are anti repair :rolleyes: motor over 2 years old obsolete as crap in the first place so buy a new bike/car.

if every company uses there own encryption charging standard wont sell parts or give you the software to replace oem parts even if they will sell them to you there useless.

if you cant fix it you dont own it, id hire one and ramp the crap out of it tho :p

needs more power and a drum spinner for the trees 100,000.000amps :cool:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20231222_224335[1].jpg20231222_224350[1].jpg
20231222_224407[1].jpg20231222_224407[1].jpg20231222_224800[1].jpg

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
why fix it when you can throw it away
And there will be no future innovations with this formula, look at the dwindling Iphone etc sales as "you" gets innovated camera & screen but the rest is a near identical copy of the last iteration. And then there is this..

Saudi latest stunt...

Idk even where my emotions stand on this, I am at loss, I am feeling glad I have no skin in the game. Happy hols to all, I hope all have a peaceful time...

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For my chrissy present, I have bought in to a co-op share of Derril Water solar park.
My 3k investment buys 2880 kwh of leccy for 40 years, during that period should my life end then the remaining years left of the co-op share goes to an inheritor.
Derril Water if all goes to plan should be up and generating from late summer 2024, the farm is expected to have over 15,000 individuals/households having green solar supplied via a green energy supplier such as Octopus , Bulb, Co-op, M&S , etc,etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the world's first SMR has been installed last August. It is planned to supply 1 billion kWH a year, enough electricity for about 500,000 inhabitants of China's largest island.
It saves about 800,000 tonnes of CO2 a year.
That explains why RR shares went up so quickly since.

• Informative
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY and flecc