Prices of the electricity we use to charge

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
MORE LIES.

Here is a good study performed by researchers funded in the UK by the National Institute for Health and Care Research.

"Here, we show there is no significant increase in cardiac or all-cause mortality in the 12 weeks following COVID-19 vaccination compared to more than 12 weeks after any dose. However, we find an increase in cardiac death in women after a first dose of non mRNA vaccines. A positive SARS-CoV-2 test is associated with increased cardiac and all-cause mortality among people vaccinated or unvaccinated at time of testing."

Reactions: MikelBikel

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Definitely much improved in some areas but still falling well short in others. One step backwards for each one forwards is a clear indication of not coping with the scale of the complexities.

Nothing I've seen persuades me from the view that we will never have full self driving in private cars due to the diversity and complexities of their common usage. Clues in the video are having to take control in a car park to direct the car into the most likely lane where there could be vacant spaces, something that requires a human brain, previous experience and judgement. Being unable to escape a car park due to an unmarked exit that once again required uniquely human guesswork. The gambling brain in other words, not logic or AI.

And another very human aspect, courtesy. Stopping for a car reversing out of a bay but blocking the pedestrian waiting to cross, where I would have combined both with a friendly smile and wave across for the pedestrian. AI will never do that.

I also believe that the new Tesla approach of cameras and AI only and no Lidar or Radar is a big mistake that will bite them hard at times. Refraction, reflection and dazzle can be insoluble problems with only single plane polarisation available to deal with them if there's no Radar or Lidar. But bringing those two back returns to not being able to cope with the input complexities.

Answers are still a very long way away.

Reactions: flecc

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
mRNA vaccines are instrumental in reducing covid deaths. They are still work in progress. Malaria, zika etc have now mRNA vaccines. The main issue with mRNA vaccines is that in some people, it is reversed transcribed into their genome instead of disappearing after 3-4 days. Then they cause general weaknesses and carditis.
The covid vaccines have bought us time for less virulent, more infectious variants to dominate, giving us herd immunity.
BTW, Pfizer covid vaccines are no longer authorised for use in the USA. The last time I had a booster, it was with novavax.
The latest 2023/2024 Pfizer vaccine is authorised for use in the USA. It's the original & Omicron versions that are no longer authorised.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
MORE LIES.

Here is a good study performed by researchers funded in the UK by the National Institute for Health and Care Research.

"Here, we show there is no significant increase in cardiac or all-cause mortality in the 12 weeks following COVID-19 vaccination compared to more than 12 weeks after any dose. However, we find an increase in cardiac death in women after a first dose of non mRNA vaccines. A positive SARS-CoV-2 test is associated with increased cardiac and all-cause mortality among people vaccinated or unvaccinated at time of testing."

And who funds NIHCR? That's right, pharmaceutical companies!!!!!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The latest 2023/2024 Pfizer vaccine is authorised for use in the USA. It's the original & Omicron versions that are no longer authorised.
I am not against covid vaccines but somewhat sympathise with the view that our government is hiding the truth because it is not explaining why Omicron is no longer authorised.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
I am not against covid vaccines but somewhat sympathise with the view that our government is hiding the truth because it is not explaining why Omicron is no longer authorised.
So surely they would want to use the latest version that gives protection against the latest variants that are circulating - is there something that makes you think it is any more than that ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Life is too short to watch a 12 minute video from a retired nurse spouting conspiracy theories. Just tell me what this has to do with the paper that I linked to confirming no significant increase in cardiac or all-cause mortality after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination.
they have the data so show it to us if they have nothing to hide.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
the latest variants that are circulating
Do you know anyone, who actually became ill enough to stay in bed in the last two years because of covid, flu, cold or any other corona virus? I've had it three times. I'm old and fat, so most likely to die. The last time, I didn't even know I had it! None of my friends, family or other associates have been any more ill than a common cold that makes them feel a bit miserable for a few days. Maybe I'm dead and went to heaven and am now living in an alternative reality.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Do you know anyone, who actually became ill enough to stay in bed in the last two years because of covid, flu, cold or any other corona virus? I've had it three times. I'm old and fat, so most likely to die. The last time, I didn't even know I had it! None of my friends, family or other associates have been any more ill than a common cold that makes them feel a bit miserable for a few days. Maybe I'm dead and went to heaven and am now living in an alternative reality.
Yes - a relative died from Covid in November. Caught it in hospital when in for something else. Covid as underlying cause on the death certificate. I do take the point that most of us have got a degree of immunity (either from vaccines or infection) so only people > 75 or with a weakened immune system qualify for boosters

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So surely they would want to use the latest version that gives protection against the latest variants that are circulating - is there something that makes you think it is any more than that ?
that's probably the case. However, their decision would have been based on studies showing previous vaccines were linked to various complications: myocarditis, perimyocarditis, blood clots, long covid etc while newer generations whose proteins are similar but their manufacturing don't include fragments of live virus.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
have you been vaccinated?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
The Good Clinical Trials Collaborative was set up in 2020 with funding from the Wellcome Trust, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the African Academy of Sciences to develop guidance to promote and enable good RCTs. It has brought together a wide range of people and organisations with an interest in and role to play in the design, delivery, analysis and reporting of RCTs, and in implementing the results.

most funding for these places comes from corporations for profit

• Informative

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

"The NIHR is funded by the Department of Health and Social Care to improve the health and wealth of the nation through research."
They're funded by DoH and the drug companies. The drug companies pay them to write about how great their drugs are and probably their holidays. The DoH pays for the building, the phones and their company cars.

• Informative

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
at school we did cans of lighter gas and nicked the evo stick from the art room and sniff that as well :eek: