Prices of the electricity we use to charge

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
Why? What is it political bias? Or just blatant racism.
I'm quite surprised to see the racism card brandished so quickly by you flecc, I expected a more reasoned argument. I'm sure "Tony19512 doesn't need me or anyone else to defend him, but as a non Londoner I see a lot which makes me glad I don't live in the area and Khan's ethnic background or religious leanings don't make the top of the list at all. But plenty of other things he should be concentrating on as mayor do.

YMMV

TTFN
John.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i bet his armored ramrover is not electric either do as i say not as i do there all hypocrites and 2 faced liar's i could not give a crap if it came from mars.

if the 60% got off there ass and voted he would be out tho i bet whoever one nothing would of changed as these ppl are just the puppet show for us morons to argue about.

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm quite surprised to see the racism card brandished so quickly by you flecc, I expected a more reasoned argument. I'm sure "Tony19512 doesn't need me or anyone else to defend him, but as a non Londoner I see a lot which makes me glad I don't live in the area and Khan's ethnic background or religious leanings don't make the top of the list at all.
I didn't accuse, I asked the question. But your response certainly justifies my asking it. You are glad you dont live in this area because of Sadiq's ethnic background and religious leanings? Those are simply appalling views, condemning a man and his ability to do a job due to his ethnic background and religion on the basis of ignorance.

But plenty of other things he should be concentrating on as mayor do.
What things? Do you even have a clue what he has been doing or what it is that made Londoners vote so overwhelmingly for him three times now? It is because he is successfully doing exactly what is needed and because we in London are overwhelmingly one people, largely free of the racial and religious bigotry that poisons the views of so many.

• Disagree
  • :D
Reactions: robert44 and POLLY

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
tfl is broke and thus all this green crap to pay for it like every council in the land they are run buy retards for the corporation

i had a full house survey last Friday and he said the roof wants looking at and the chimney has a leak soaking a bedroom wall.

rang council and they said no planned work to the roof so said wtf is the point of sending a surveyor if you are not going to take any notice of what he says, can i have his report, no. well ill foi you for it then :eek:

i have rang them 9 times in 5 days last week there fkn useless got no bathroom and have to crap in a bucket.

cant wait for my epc rating fkn waste of money :rolleyes:

and they still wont clean my fkn solar panels yet another subsidised scam they dont care about.

Last edited:

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
You are glad you dont live in this area because of Sadiq's ethnic background and religious leanings? Those are simply appalling views, condemning a man and his ability to do a job due to his ethnic background and religion on the basis of ignorance.
That was not what I said and you know it. A poor phrasing of a sentence on my part possibly. But your obvious intent to make it appear so is simply disappointing.

TTFN
John.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
That was not what I said and you know it. A poor phrasing of a sentence on my part possibly. But your obvious intent to make it appear so is simply disappointing.

TTFN
John.
to late google corporate seen it now down the gas chamber with you oh wait cant do that anymore hmmm cruse missile through the window then :p

Russia hacked it of course ;)

Reactions: snafu

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

TTFN
John.
"as a non Londoner I see a lot which makes me glad I don't live in the area and Khan's ethnic background or religious leanings don't make the top of the list at all. "

What else does that mean but a loss of trust in him solely due to his ethnicity and religious beliefs?

And you avoided the question, "what other things do you believe he should he be doing?

And while you are at it, what is he actually doing wrong here?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you really dont get it do you it is not about race where you come from or anything like that he is a paid moron to do what the corporate total control system wants.

they want a one world government with a cbdc and to control us all like slaves.

problem is to many ppl are waking up to this crap and are in panic mode and trying to crash it all even faster.

just say i turned up in a star ship 3x the size of earth and said i am god what you going to do about it pi$$ ants.

you die because i have more power but as a pi$$v ant ill die trying ,i got a new inverter :cool:

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
"as a non Londoner I see a lot which makes me glad I don't live in the area and Khan's ethnic background or religious leanings don't make the top of the list at all. "

What else does that mean but a loss of trust in him solely due to his ethnicity and religious beliefs?

And you avoided the question, "what other things do you believe he should he be doing?

And while you are at it, what is he actually doing wrong here?
I felt you were playing the racism card for no real reason and as I said my reply was ill phrased.

What do I feel he should be doing better? I don't think he handles policing well at all and I think that impacts the lives of many Londoners who simply want to get on with their lives. The frequency of various marches and protests and the disruption to the lives of the people who live and work in those areas isn't in the interest of the majority. When large groups of people feel threatened and intimidated in their own city there is something fundamentally wrong. In those areas specifically I think he has either lost control or is simply putting his own agenda ahead of the city he is supposed to represent. Robbery up 58%, Theft up 31%, Sex offenses up 43%. While I am not against ULEZ schemes. I think his ULEZ expansion is simply a cash grabbing exercise and if it does anything it simply moves the perceived problem somewhere else. I think he is too political, but that's just a personal opinion and unfortunately can probably be aimed at most mayors throughout the country although I do think Andy Burnham shows how to strike the correct balance of politics and the mayoral position.

TTFN
John.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

id join the plod if i got one of those ,shop lifter running ,target locked price of item 256 quid hell fire missiles deployed ,how many over , all of them.

3k dead 6k injured and 1 billon worth of damage , oh well i was just doing my job i got him tho :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I felt you were playing the racism card for no real reason and as I said my reply was ill phrased.

What do I feel he should be doing better? I don't think he handles policing well at all and I think that impacts the lives of many Londoners who simply want to get on with their lives. The frequency of various marches and protests and the disruption to the lives of the people who live and work in those areas isn't in the interest of the majority. When large groups of people feel threatened and intimidated in their own city there is something fundamentally wrong. In those areas specifically I think he has either lost control or is simply putting his own agenda ahead of the city he is supposed to represent. Robbery up 58%, Theft up 31%, Sex offenses up 43%. While I am not against ULEZ schemes. I think his ULEZ expansion is simply a cash grabbing exercise and if it does anything it simply moves the perceived problem somewhere else. I think he is too political, but that's just a personal opinion and unfortunately can probably be aimed at most mayors throughout the country although I do think Andy Burnham shows how to strike the correct balance of politics and the mayoral position.

TTFN
John.
Khan is the better candidate than SH. I don't live in London but my children do, so I go there often enough to see the changes in the last 30 years or so. Khan is the least controversial compared to red Ken and corrupted BJ. Policing has always been a tricky job. Mark Rowley is the least worst police commissioner for London. Air quality has been slowly improving. Rubbish in the street is better collected. Buses run better. Children playgrounds are better equipped and maintained. About ulez, i can see some people don't want to lose their old running diesel cars but they don't breathe the rubbish that their old cars leave behind, the poor flat dwellers living next to the street do. In weekdays, the fumes even got to children playground. Ulez should have been done a long time ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter.Bridge
D

Deleted member 16246

Why would you suggest racism?

He is widely hated because of what he has done. And by the way, it is NOT racist in a city where black boys bleed to death by the day after stabbings, to express dislike and disdain for the mayor who has impotently allowed knife crime to become endemic.

Your approach, of suggesting racist motives when it suits you, would mean a person of non white ethnicity would be beyond criticism. You confirm my belief that you are a fool, and more sheep than man.

His ULEZ policies, will deprive ordinary people of the mobility that the 20th Century gave us. They are also predominantly suffered by the less well off. They are without evidence, and I DETEST those who support them.

D

Deleted member 16246

I didn't accuse, I asked the question. But your response certainly justifies my asking it. You are glad you dont live in this area because of Sadiq's ethnic background and religious leanings? Those are simply appalling views, condemning a man and his ability to do a job due to his ethnic background and religion on the basis of ignorance.

What things? Do you even have a clue what he has been doing or what it is that made Londoners vote so overwhelmingly for him three times now? It is because he is successfully doing exactly what is needed and because we in London are overwhelmingly one people, largely free of the racial and religious bigotry that poisons the views of so many.
He made it clear that neither race nor religion were anywhere near his agenda, but you persist with the slur.

And by the way - criticism of religion has never been off the table in this country where there are issues relating to it, and neither should it be. Of course, of late, some folk have decided it is grounds for beheading and mutilation. Just ask Salman Rushdy, an Indian origin gentleman now stabbed in the eye because of remarks made in a book forty years ago.

Despicable.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
His ULEZ policies, will deprive ordinary people of the mobility that the 20th Century gave us. They are also predominantly suffered by the less well off. They are without evidence, and I DETEST those who support them.
My children live there. Ulez is the most noticeable policy. Only a tiny number of Londoners pay ULEZ charge but everyone must breathe the rubbish that those cars leave behind their tail pipes.

• Agree
Reactions: sjpt and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Why would you suggest racism?
Because it was so clearly expressed.

He is widely hated because of what he has done. And by the way, it is NOT racist in a city where black boys bleed to death by the day after stabbings, to express dislike and disdain for the mayor who has impotently allowed knife crime to become endemic.
Widely hated? What utter nonsense when he has just been so overwhelmingly re-elected. He hasn't allowed knife crime to become endemic. He, like the police commissioners is made impotent by what is allowed to do anything about it, such as the accusations of institutional racism, numerically controlled stop and search and public intervention preventing the police from doing their job. This specific knife crime problem here goes back over four decades through various council leaders, mayors and multiple police commissioners, so why is Sadiq now being so targetted for criticism? And why no targetting of the West Midlands where knife crime is far more out of control and long has been?

Your approach, of suggesting racist motives when it suits you, would mean a person of non white ethnicity would be beyond criticism. You confirm my belief that you are a fool, and more sheep than man.
And you accuse me of playing the race card when that is precisely what you seem to be doing to express your own blatant racism and bigotry.

The evidence for ULEZ is abundant in the thousands of premature deaths every year due to air pollution which have increasingly been due to traffic exhaust fumes. Once it was realised that those deaths included the young childen dying from asthma it was time that we took urgent action. That action long precedes Sadiq Khan, it was specifically one of the reason for the introduction of the congestion charge dating from 2003 and why we've long had a low emissions program. It's a battle we are winning by only buying zero emission buses (and doubling their numbers, a Sadiq Khan achievement), reaching 60% of London Taxis being electric now, pricing the dirtiest private cars and vans off the road, encouraging e-car ownership.

Not all our so-called advances are good and that for some travel like supersonic flight for example has had to be lost to us. Universal car ownership and motor vehicle access are no exceptions as the immense numbers maimed or killed every year worldwide shows.

Your detesting these alleviating policies is irrational when so much is being done to compensate. As mentioned above our bus numbers have doubled, our London fares are extremely low, often far cheaper than driving. We have multiplied cycling, in part now with dedicated cycling facilities. Nationally and particularly in London, we've made big improvements in the lives of pedestrians and cyclists in the last two years by at last putting the motor vehicle increasing in its correct place, which is second to the vulnerable.

There's far more of all this coming, either get used to it and adjust or go to your grave an unhappy and disgruntled man.

Reactions: sjpt and Woosh
D

Deleted member 16246

My children live there. Ulez is the most noticeable policy. Only a tiny number of Londoners pay ULEZ charge but everyone must breathe the rubbish that those cars leave behind their tail pipes.
I have a lot of data from DEFRA who are charged with monitoring the air quality across the United Kingdom and that shows that in terms of Nitrogen Oxides, PM10 particulates and PM2.5 particulates, we have seen at least a 45% reduction in these since 1990. Much of that is due to the abandonment of coal fired power generation, but huge amounts of it are down to the better control of exhaust gasses, predominantly in heavy vehicles. It is now certainly true that modern vehicles release more particulates from their brakes and tyres than they do from their tailpipes, and huge amounts of these and NOX come from heating systems and building sites. Cars were only ever a minor issue.

Furthermore, the claims that thousands die from air pollution are ridiculous and unfounded. They are based on dubious claims made in a study of American inner city life. We had twice the air pollution in the 1990s that we do now. I was running about eight miles a week at five minute mile pace, in those days alongside busy urban roads. I am entirely free of respiratory problems and so is everyone of my friends and relations who were not systematically poisoning themselves with cigarettes.

Of course, anecdotal remarks are feeble evidence, but Professor David Spiegelhalter of the Winton Statistical centre at Cambridge has also written about the specious claims made on air pollution deaths. They are based on models and assumptions. It would be utterly impossible to establish cause and effect relationships over a lifetime in the matter of the cause of respiratory difficulties. Grabbing onto diesel cars is unfounded. Anyone who has any grasp of research methods and statistics knows that. Hence his paper on the matter.

Read Professor Spiegelhalter's short paper here:

D

Deleted member 16246

I am getting a message that there is a post from someone who is blocked. That must be the fool who had the nerve to claim people who don't like Khan are racists, and then when called out on it, doubled down, and did it again. He was always a sheep, desperate for someone to discipline everyone with extra regulations and nit picking attention to RULES, but while laughable, that was tolerable enough. But accusing myself and Snafu of racism, takes his snivelling drivel to a new level. One I won't be reading in the future.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

TTFN
John.
The frequency of marches we have long suffered, a curse of being the capital city. Even the huge anti nuclear weapons ones of the 1960s were hardly the first of them. Oswald Moseley's widely supported pro Nazi ones of the 1930s for example hardly filled our large Jewish population with confidence a lifetime before Sadiq Khan was even born.

By the "large group" feeling threatened by the pro Palestinian marches I take it you mean our Jewish population. Don't be fooled, the claims of feeling threatened are often to seek political advantage. They are no different from the exaggerated and often false claims of anti-semitism against the Labour Party and it's leaders that they raise on the approach to each general election. The marches will vanish when their cause is removed. but that can only be achieved by the USA and the removal of Israel's fascist leader and his policies.

Those crime figure are selective and often repeated elsewhere, thanks to the ill effects and aftermath of the Covid measures and current government's policies. There is no magic wand to get rid of crime when it is the outcome of need rather than greed.

Yes, one of the specific purposes of ULEZ, as it always was of the Congestion Charge is redistribution of wealth, but it's a by product and an important component of the main aim of greatly improving the city population's health and longevity.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have a lot of data from DEFRA who are charged with monitoring the air quality across the United Kingdom and that shows that in terms of Nitrogen Oxides, PM10 particulates and PM2.5 particulates, we have seen at least a 45% reduction in these since 1990. Much of that is due to the abandonment of coal fired power generation, but huge amounts of it are down to the better control of exhaust gasses, predominantly in heavy vehicles. It is now certainly true that modern vehicles release more particulates from their brakes and tyres than they do from their tailpipes, and huge amounts of these and NOX come from heating systems and building sites. Cars were only ever a minor issue.
traffic fumes in London is not a minor issue. You know that emissions from power stations don't affect inhabitants in the same way traffic fumes do. Furthermore, there is a huge difference of harm suffered by those who live next to the streets and those who live next to the parks. You wouldn't want to do your morning run along Bow Road in London for example, even if you just need to reach Victoria Park. My son ended up in hospital with asthma attack before they moved house from Bow Road to 'the flats'.
I lived in London for a while in the 80s before moving to Southend-on-Sea. I now wait for cars to be all electric before moving back to London.

Reactions: flecc
D

Deleted member 16246

Of course a charge of twelve pounds a day results in cars being dumped. What else would the care worker on minimum wage do when her car suddenly was subjected to a retrospective tax (retrospective in the sense that having bought a diesel after government encouragement in the Blair years, it suddenly caused her a £3000 a year fine for daring to use it to visit her helpless old, people. I wonder how many of the economically inactive care worker population gave up because they could no longer afford to go to work?

Of course cars have for a long time NOT been the cause of the very pollutants you are so keen to avoid. Unaffected in London are the many very polluting heavy plant on building sites, the vast pollution spewed out by aircraft and the shocking pollution of shipping.

The only pollutant shown here on this official government data (source DEFRA) that has not steeply declined over the last four decades is Ammonia from farming - that lovely smell of the countryside.