May 23, 2015
or just sell crack as it is tax free :p

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
his Range Rover Sentinel car is his official bullet proof car. It's ulez compliant, like my neighbour's car . The exhaust system uses Adblue, is cleaner than my wife's petrol car. The gases go through an SCR with Adblue.
Not something he has paid for with his own money though. I suppose it has seen little use so fuel consumption is unimportant.
He's in charge. That's why his car is compliant. You try taking a Range Rover into London without paying!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
He's in charge. That's why his car is compliant. You try taking a Range Rover into London without paying!
Find me a car less than 6 year old that is not ulez compliant. I bet you can't.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

4 tyres 90k bit old and slow tho.

330mph

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16246

"as a non Londoner I see a lot which makes me glad I don't live in the area and Khan's ethnic background or religious leanings don't make the top of the list at all. "

What else does that mean but a loss of trust in him solely due to his ethnicity and religious beliefs?
This remark makes me wonder whether you are senile.

Read what he said.

He says the EXACT opposite of what you imply. You don't understand what the man said and then you accuse him once again of being a racist. You did the same to my original remark for no reason at all except that I expressed a negative view of the man.

You are a fool and you should apologise.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This remark makes me wonder whether you are senile.

Read what he said.

He says the EXACT opposite of what you imply. You don't understand what the man said and then you accuse him once again of being a racist. You did the same to my original remark for no reason at all except that I expressed a negative view of the man.

You are a fool and you should apologise.
The exact opposite is your reading, and given the way in which you so readily descend into ranting and raving against all sorts of restrictions and laws that others accept but you see as unreasonable, I wasn't surprised by it.

It can also read as being exactly what I understood John to say, prompted to do so by how consistent it is with the common institutional racism that so many still do not recognise or accept exists. Answering according to that understanding of his post, I have nothing to apologise for.

If you knew anything of my activities you would know how ridiculous your accusation of senility is, though I see it as consistent with your somewhat irrational ranting and raving that I mentioned earlier.

We are in many ways kindred spirits with much in common in our backgrounds and our common dislike of so many of the changes that so affect our lives today. The only difference being in how I've adjusted to them and it surprises me that you fail to recognise that from my posting record.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am sometime surprised by the amount of criticism that Khan gets on here. He deals with bread and butter issues for Londoners,
does a lot more than KS and BJ and is a lot less controversial than KL.

Last edited:
  • Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I am sometime surprised by the amount of criticism that Khan gets on here. He does a lot more than KS and BJ and is a lot less controversial than KL.
Me too, and it is what angers me, since the critics are so obviously unaware of how effective he is and how skilled he's been in negotiating to London's advantage past this Tory government over the last eight years.

His is a level of competence not found in the government, as their disastrous Brexit negotiation outcomes showed.

Reactions: POLLY

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
all these so called council / corporations are soo good there billions in debt tfl on its knees and filling every hotel with rubber ring invasion army.

buy 2030 most will be history along with freedom of speech and all forums like this now go eat ur seaweed and jellyfish.

i have also been told the mobility car scam is going as well, funny that got no arms and legs get one of these and a just eat back pack :p

have they got geo fencing on the old leaf as ppl getting firmware updates when getting serviced.

D

Deleted member 16246

Snafu said:

"as a non Londoner I see a lot which makes me glad I don't live in the area and Khan's ethnic background or religious leanings don't make the top of the list at all. "

That means he sees many things he doesn't like about London, but Khan's ethnic background and religion do not make the list at all.

Yet you accuse him of racism.

I said that if there was any sense in London, Khan would be put in a pillory, but you automatically assume my remark was motivated by racism....

Nothing of the kind - only in your fevered imagination set on a hair trigger to detect and call out racism. You are not rational. Your own prejudices created this situation, but you have no idea that they exist. You accuse Snafu of racism on the basis of some imagined connection you assume he has to something you describe as 'institutional racism'. Has he made such declarations, or did you just assume that he must be racist not to like the policies proposed by a man who happens to have a different ethnic origin EVEN THOUGH HE EXPLICITLY points out these are matters unimportant to him?

You clearly don't know what prejudice is. Nobody mentioned or I suppose thought about Khan's ethnicity and religion until you raised the matter. Like I said - senile.

Last edited:
  • Disagree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
The exact opposite is your reading, and given the way in which you so readily descend into ranting and raving against all sorts of restrictions and laws that others accept but you see as unreasonable, I wasn't surprised by it.

It can also read as being exactly what I understood John to say, prompted to do so by how consistent it is with the common institutional racism that so many still do not recognise or accept exists. Answering according to that understanding of his post, I have nothing to apologise for.
As I admitted immediately after flecc's initial accusation, it was nothing more than a poorly phrased reply on my part and as Tony1951 indicates I meant to say...
do not make the list at all.
And not... "Don't make the top of the list". Which was a poor choice of words.

flecc, seized on the reference to "The Top" and decided to run with it for his own agenda. It is very easy in today's social climate to shout racist or simply add "phobia" to almost any descriptive term to try to label someone for whatever reason. I have usually found flecc to be a good debater and as I mentioned I was disappointed he chose to accuse so quickly considering he had already suggested racism as an option to Tony's earlier post.

But hey, bigger things to worry about in the world, if flecc met my social group he would not have come to that conclusion for sure. :)

TTFN
John.

Reactions: flecc and Woosh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the one thing i have never got is being racist as time and again it is used buy the corporations, governments what you call them to get the retards rocking.

we all live on the same planet the problem is greed power and control buy these a$$holes we are the majority and time to make them the 1% a good old ass kicking or we will be nothing but slaves to there corporate system eating the crap we can only buy and telling where we cant go and what we buy and tracked 247.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240506_045352[1].jpg20240506_045354[1].jpg

20240506_045351[1].jpg20240506_045354[1].jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
But plenty of other things he should be concentrating on as mayor do.
I didn't think what you said was racist at all or having any bias whatsoever against muslim.
However, that sentence above implied disapproval of Khan's record in office since 2016 without substantiation in the same post or subsequent posts.

D

Deleted member 16246

As I admitted immediately after flecc's initial accusation, it was nothing more than a poorly phrased reply on my part and as Tony1951 indicates I meant to say...

And not... "Don't make the top of the list". Which was a poor choice of words.

flecc, seized on the reference to "The Top" and decided to run with it for his own agenda. It is very easy in today's social climate to shout racist or simply add "phobia" to almost any descriptive term to try to label someone for whatever reason. I have usually found flecc to be a good debater and as I mentioned I was disappointed he chose to accuse so quickly considering he had already suggested racism as an option to Tony's earlier post.

But hey, bigger things to worry about in the world, if flecc met my social group he would not have come to that conclusion for sure. :)

TTFN
John.
I wonder what the Chief of Inquisition and advocate for pernickety rules would make of my enthusiasm for Suella Braverman and Kemi Badenoch? Although I have always felt that Sunac is a decent and intelligent man, I thought those two ladies would have made better leaders. Sunac comes over as rather feeble in his determination, whereas they do not. That 'grit' and drive is essential in getting people to believe in you - a fundamental in politics. Johnson was always a clown, and Truss was half mad. Perhaps in not rating her, I am influenced by institutional misogyny. Better ask Flecc for some 're-education' on institutional prejudices.....

I determine whether I like someone entirely on how they behave (really, on what they do).

Almost everyone I know is like that. I have only very rarely met a racist who disliked people because of their ethnic origin. There are many people I dislike because I despise their culture. A lot of them are white. Some are not, but it is never the colour of their skin or their ethnicity that bothers me. And still, that green fascist, bigot will not withdraw his slur.