Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 22, 2021
I've posted before.
Long story short.
Ordered 48V battery and 48V Tongsheng motor
They sent a 36V motor
They finally admitted they sent the wrong motor
Settlement was I send motor back to UK address they / Ali Express supplied
I send motor back - Seller stated motor received.
NO MONEY refunded to my account
I tried to contact them through Ali Express but they BLOCKED me sending messages!
Ali Express think dispute is closed.
PSWPOWER are SCUM !!

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Wow ! Not a company I've ever bought from but I came close a few times.

Will be interesting to see if anyone else has an comments about them.

Reactions: Stan464

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Same as Scorpio, they've been on my shortlist a few times, but I've never actually bought from them. Thanks for the heads-up.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I've ordered from them several times in the past, as have many on here, all been ok and received in good time, so not experienced the way they deal with problems. Lav 180, how long have you waited for your refund and did you keep communication simple, pleasant and polite? It does seem to me that people are too quick to start ranting and raving when problems arise with distance buying/selling, immediately feeling like they have been riped off, when the reality is that someone has just made a mistake, it goes wrong sometimes.

• Agree
Reactions: Richtea70 and flecc

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
I've posted before.
Long story short.
Ordered 48V battery and 48V Tongsheng motor
They sent a 36V motor
They finally admitted they sent the wrong motor
Settlement was I send motor back to UK address they / Ali Express supplied
I send motor back - Seller stated motor received.
NO MONEY refunded to my account
I tried to contact them through Ali Express but they BLOCKED me sending messages!
Ali Express think dispute is closed.
PSWPOWER are SCUM !!
Maybe try credit card charge reversal?

• Agree
Reactions: Stan464 and PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Maybe try credit card charge reversal?
Or a debit card chargeback - keep the tracking info (screen shots etc) and emails you sent and received, your bank will most likely side with you.

Hammerfall86

Just Joined
May 16, 2022
Should have beeen paying with th PayPal,them good disputes team. A time ago bought some sheepskin rugs and seller almost scum me,even ebay said can't help..after many months and like few weeks with PayPal support i had my final refund sorted. I had no hope at all. Ebay are on seller side even when i reported and explained why this is fraud...just by RoyalMail resposnd that every single items have to have their own tracking number.

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
Just bought a xf07 front wheel hub kit from them. Absolutely no problems. Took a week to deliver. Has a kt dual voltage 36/48 controller, Lcd5 and 270 rpm (at 36v) motor. Cost me 186 euro. No delivery or customs charges (to Ireland in my case). Would be very fast at 48v (40km/hr) but I am sticking to 36. My second time to buy from them.

Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
a xf07 front wheel
Ooh that was my plan before covid if my motor dies, still is tbf, if poss start a thread and loop me in by dropping me a reply in this thread. what size wheel you end up going for, I'd be curious to know what you get top speed on 48v. I did a Grin calc the best I could with 27.5" wheel and toped out (simulated) at 24mph. I believe there was two versions of the MXUS both with different rpm. No customs did you not pay any VAT at the point of sale and did it come from Germany or China? Apologies in advance for the abundance of questions.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Just bought a xf07 front wheel hub kit
Ah up sturmey - any feedback/updates on this motor, did you start a new thread. I am looking at an emergency purchase just in case, mine feels a tad under the weather at the moment.

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
Hi. I bought the front 26 inch wheel version and fitted to bike with 'budget' steel front suspension forks. My intended use is for a winter bike/hack as I live very close to many off road trails. I have tested and clocked up about 200km so far. (I also have other bikes) Works perfect but the motor (270rpm) is probably a little fast even at 36v and 26 inch wheel.(30km/hr) There is a temptation to run this motor fast but things quickly starts to heat up, especially if you dont have the legs to give good assistance. A lower rpm motor (e.g yose 250w/210 rpm) automatically reduces the current (due to back emf) and stays cooler when it hits about 25km/hr whereas the 270 rpm will keep taking in current up to 30 km.
With regards to buying from Pswpower, bear in mind that I live in the eurozone (Ireland) and since Brexit, unfortunately it now makes no sense to buy from uk suppliers. People from the uk will have to take into account extra taxes etc.
I note that the price has gone up by 30 euro now. Their prices seem to fluctuate with currency and their stocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wayners and PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
eurozone (Ireland)
I pulled the trigger on this Mxus, PSW only had 5 left in Germany so better safe than sorry if mine fails - VAT yes I am kind of holding out hope it flys under the radar but have budgeted 50+ in case (DHL charges £11 for a notification :mad: ) Where the current is concerned is it possible to reduce the AMP draw on the LCD5? - I'll run mine through my LCD3 & if amp draw doesn't help just cap the speed at *cough* 15.5mph

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
......Where the current is concerned is it possible to reduce the AMP draw on the LCD5?.......
My kit came ready to go set up for 'torque' control, 26 inch wheel, km and no speed restrictions. Under normal conditions, I usually use either pas level 3 or 4, with the occasional burst of throttle when required. You can (for example) set c5 to 9 to reduce the controller current by approx 10% (same as LCD3). My throttle is slightly different than other kits. When fitted on left, it pushes down rather than up and has a shorter travel, which I find more comfortable. Its a little jerky when used for 'walk assist' which I need for walking some of the very steep sections of mountain tracks.
The pedal assist sensor is the compact left crank type. I find you need to make up a 'C' shaped plastic cover to stop the front wheel from trowing dirt and water into them and they will give no problems then. The front wheel is built with the spokes not lapped (touching) at the crossings (2x). I guess this is to stop the clicking noise that can happen at the spoke crossings. (My first front hub was a cyclotricity xf07 with 12g spokes that made very noisy clicking after the first few miles until I tightened them.)

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I got the left hand half twist throttle off aliexpress - WUXING FT76X, it comes with a good quality set of bar grips too - I can't see myself using the LCD5 because of the left side, I use the right side for my LCD3 control pad, i do like the LCD4 but whether I would like it when its on bike is another matter.

My first front hub was a cyclotricity xf07 with 12g spokes that made very noisy clicking after the first few miles until I tightened them.
I'll start a MXUS xf07 new thread and link it here. I'll call it "MXUS xf07 270rmp general discussion & info" It's a tad odd of us to make a purchase then post positively on this thread o_O

Yes indeed, clicking spokes, it's been a while since I had a new motor wheel, I will most likely pop it in at my LBS for a quick true, they did my first Dillenger 350w, the YOSE 350w rear and the front, at less than a tenner each. Saves me making a balls up of it.

What is the setup on the YOSE front?, it's been a while since I messed about with the settings I have to check mine and post in the new thread.

Last edited:

samwinchester19999

Just Joined
Jul 14, 2023
My purchase turned out to be a complete waste of time and money.:( I regret not doing more research before making my decision. Save yourself the hassle and look elsewhere for reliable options.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
My purchase turned out to be a complete waste of time and money.:( I regret not doing more research before making my decision. Save yourself the hassle and look elsewhere for reliable options.
If what you bought didn't work, it's more likely that either you didn't understand what you bought or you did something wrong with it. If you have some trouble, start a thread that explains the problem you had/have, and we can probably sort you out.

• Agree
Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe