Putting e-bike to bed for the duration of C-virus.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc
D

Deleted member 25121

If you have symptoms of corona virus, you shouldn't go out in the first place.
That's why I said the risk of catching corona virus when riding your bike is quite low.
According to the experts it takes around a week for the virus to manifest itself during which time you be spreading it without knowing you have it. Also, some people may be asymptomatic, meaning they have the virus, they are spreading the virus but they show no symptoms of having the virus.

Personally, I'm not as concerned about catching the virus as I am about inadvertently spreading it. I don't want ever to feel that I could be partly responsible for the death of another, particularly a defenceless elderly person.

I'm not of an "at risk" age but I have elderly friends and neighbours nearby who I'm helping out.

I'm determined to do whatever I can to reduce the risk of them dying from the virus which is why I'm only venturing out when I absolutely have to.

The medical experts are saying the same thing hence the government guidelines which have every possibility of becoming a lock-down in a couple of weeks time. Do you know better then them?

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
According to the experts it takes around a week for the virus to manifest itself during which time you be spreading it without knowing you have it. Also, some people may be asymptomatic, meaning they have the virus, they are spreading the virus but they show no symptoms of having the virus.
they can spread the virus to their family because they share the same bathroom, maybe towels, maybe food but not by standing next to you or just through breathing the same air in a room.
As I said earlier, if it's that contagious (by just sharing air in the 2m radius for a few seconds), hospitals couldn't take patients in, ambulance drivers would have all been dead.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
How do you make sure you're at least 2m away from cyclists when they pass you?

It won't be long before we're under a lock-down because of this selfishness.
Current ministerial advice is that it's not only ok to cycle and walk, it's recommended for both physical and mental health. I've been out for a drive and there are all the usual sport cyclists training in the North Downs on this fine day.

The chance of picking up a virus bearing moisture droplet from someone when momentarily passing is miniscule. You may have more risks at home from the mail etc coming in your door and you definitely have many more risks when you shop for essentials. e.g.

Supermarket trolley or basket handles or the plastic bag you pick up.

The stuff on display that you buy, handled and breathed upon by staff and other customers.

The contact surfaces of checkouts and card machines.

The well within 2 metres of others passing or lingering in shop aisles.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

well now im going to starve to death o_O

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's not comparable with being stuck in traffic, even inside your car, the air surrounding your car may be contaminated.
I pay attention to this. Driving from my garage through the built up areas I have the air con switched to Recirculate, using only the air in the cabin. But since I live on the city to country boundary, as soon as I'm clear into th countryside I switch to fresh air input.

I'm very lucky since my large supermarket is on that boundary and I three routes to drive to it, all exactly the same 5.2 miles distance. One is almost all urban, a second is three quarters country and the third is all country barring 400 metres exiting my estate.

Reactions: Woosh
D

Deleted member 25121

Current ministerial advice is that it's not only ok to cycle and walk, it's recommended for both physical and mental health. I've been out for a drive and there are all the usual sport cyclists training in the North Downs on this fine day.

The chance of picking up a virus bearing moisture droplet from someone when momentarily passing is miniscule. You may have more risks at home from the mail etc coming in your door and you definitely have many more risks when you shop for essentials. e.g.

Supermarket trolley or basket handles or the plastic bag you pick up.

The stuff on display that you buy, handled and breathed upon by staff and other customers.

The contact surfaces of checkouts and card machines.

The well within 2 metres of others passing or lingering in shop aisles.
Just because an activity is allowed it doesn't make it desirable. Did you see the pics of all those cars piling into Wales over the weekend? Truly sickening.

Denmark has just announced that it's extending its nationwide lockdowns and we'll be forced to do the same soon.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What a ridiculous question, it's not worthy of an answer.

Perhaps you could answer my question though.
not ridiculous, we still need food, power, security, healthcare etc.
The whole country cannot just all self isolate.
Most people (at least 80% of those who are working) will still need to work, out of them, the majority cannot work from home, such as care home workers.
You should remember, 10% are at risk, 5% may need hospitalisation, 2% may need intensive care in hospitals and about 1% may die of the disease.
90% of us working will still have to continue working for the foreseeable future.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Denmark has just announced that it's extending its nationwide lockdowns and we'll be forced to do the same soon.
of course we may have to take that step at some time in the very near future but that is to protect the NHS from being overrun.
It does not change the fact that about 1% of us may die of the disease (mostly this December) before a working vaccine is made available. We all have to face that risk and take things into perspective.

Reactions: POLLY and flecc
D

Deleted member 25121

not ridiculous, we still need food, power, security, healthcare etc.
The whole country cannot just all self isolate.
Most people (at least 80% of those who are working) will still need to work, out of them, the majority cannot work from home, such as care home workers.
You should remember, 10% are at risk, 5% may need hospitalisation, 2% may need intensive care in hospitals and about 1% may die of the disease.
90% of us working will still have to continue working for the foreseeable future.
Read my question in post #44.

D

Deleted member 25121

of course we may have to take that step at some time in the very near future but that is to protect the NHS from being overrun.
It does not change the fact that about 1% of us may die of the disease before a working vaccine is made available. We all have to face that risk and take things into perspective.
Nor does it change the fact that night follows day.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
every one has lost the plot 14000 ppl died today and 48 from controller virus.

14000 will also die every day on average in the uk anyway.

when dead ppl are being pilled up at street corners for pick up to be burned to dust on mass ill stay inside ;)

watching the news gives you brain rot its all bs ;)
Soundwave.. In this as in other activities you have lost the plot. .. Perhaps its the substances you inhale.
Yes out of a population of 66 million living on average 80 year s there is a 825K deaths per annum.. or 14K per WEEK.
But this is natural .
While the UK Corona attributed deaths are only 280 today, that number is escalating. And they are not only just old fogies going home a few weeks early. These 280 people have been slowly drowning in their own sputum for perhaps 3 weeks . And the numbers looking to get access to ICU beds is growing faster than the supply . Look at the actual numbers.. 25% to 30% of people , young and older need hospital care..so rather than fixating on the few deaths look to the number proved covid positive,then make the assumption that that is 10% of the currently infected pool, and then come up with a wise ass comment.

In only one point do I agree with you... Getting out on the ebike is a good idea.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just because an activity is allowed it doesn't make it desirable. Did you see the pics of all those cars piling into Wales over the weekend? Truly sickening.
Of course that is wrong and no-one is recommending it.

But they are recommending that we get out of doors to stay healthy, just observing sensible precautions when doing so.

This could last all year and even into next year and people will go barmy if indoors together to excess. The murder rate could very definitely increase, the normal times apart of wives, husbands, kids and neighbours being all that keeps the rate as low as it is.

D

Deleted member 25121

Of course that is wrong and no-one is recommending it.

But they are recommending that we get out of doors to stay healthy, just observing sensible precautions when doing so.

This could last all year and even into next year and people will go barmy if indoors together to excess. The murder rate could very definitely increase, the normal times apart of wives, husbands, kids and neighbours being all that keeps the rate as low as it is.
So you've with happy this situation?

If not then what do you propose is done to prevent it?

Last edited:

nightrider

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
The person I was answering had a type of battery that has a "Sleep Mode". That shuts down the internal battery management (BMS) after two weeks idle to prevent it gradually draining the battery to empty.

They can be awoken either by a button press or connecting to the charger.
ok thanks flecc. I have new bosch in frame battery that do not have push button, but I will just connect to charger once a week