Radio 4 report on electric bikes at Cycle 2009

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Just listened to it. Interesting. Shame about the comment at the end "I would just get a scooter" is not the same given licencing, insurance etc and last time I looked, I never saw any scooters taking short cuts down one way roads the opposite way on a dedicated cycle path or cutting through town centers in no car areas.

Shame they didn't interview Cytronex :(

Regards

Jerry

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Cytronix

I agree this was a shame.

The Article was really about the launch of BEBA, not individual bike manufacturers.

I spoke to Mark yesterday as he has been invited onto the BEBA committee and is looking forward to joining us as is Waz from Power Cycle.

Best regards David

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Just as an aside - has anyone noticed how awkward E-Bike manufacturer names are to get right. Cytonex, Cytronix, Wispa, Whisper, Kalkoff, Kalikoff, Powerbike, Powabike, Powerbyke etc.
Kalkoff gives me the most problem since the advert on the right disappeared :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Kalkoff gives me the most problem since the advert on the right disappeared :D
Indeed, you left the "h" out of Kalkhoff. :D

The champion for being mis-spelled is probably the Agattu though, Agutta being the most popular of the many variants. It probably wasn't wise to name a bike after a remote Aleutian island off Alaska:

Phil [OnBike]

Pedelecer
May 21, 2009
It's great BEBA got some radio coverage - My colleague Andrew was interviewed briefly and he made some good points.

OnBike manned the stand on Friday and although the BEBA stand was small, I was amazed how many people stopped by to ask what it was all about - People who already own electric bikes and people looking into buying all seemed really enthusiastic and thought it was a great idea :)

Exciting times for all...