Rasberry Pi

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
So who will be the first to integrate one into an ebike? A powerful, cheap, mini-computer such as this could surely replace expensive propriety control ECU's and the laptops needed to flash their ROM's.

I'm sure some bright Pedelec spark is on the case already?

:cool:

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
So who will be the first to integrate one into an ebike? A powerful, cheap, mini-computer such as this could surely replace expensive propriety control ECU's and the laptops needed to flash their ROM's.

Not sure about ebikes but I'd love to get my hands on a few of these for my schools in The Gambia!
Tom

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk

I posted on this a month ago before it launched..are they available yet? I reckon it would make an interesting add-on for an e-bike could do all sorts with it!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Posted online yesterday:

A new supply of the US$25 Raspberry Pi Linux PC, which sold out minutes after going on sale Wednesday, should be available in a month to six weeks, the nonprofit Raspberry Pi organization said Thursday.

"We believe there's about a one month to six week lead time for the next serious volume batches to get into the market," said Eben Upton, executive director of the Raspberry Pi Foundation, in an email.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
We should all wait our turn and let the 3rd world children have them first:(

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
These went on sale at both Farnell and RS on Wednesday morning. I had been following the news quite closely over the last few months but I missed the announcement that the sale would start at 6am Wednesday. At 9 am both distributors' websites were unobtainable due to the demand. I eventually got an order accepted around lunch time; all paid up with a dispatch date of 16 April. So I think it will be one from the next batch to be manufactured. I believe the first batch, which sold out in minutes, was 10,000 units.

Now for an application: I shall probably first try it out as a very low power desktop PC, to replace the monster with a fan which I use on my desk for regular web browsing/email.

It should integrate very nicely with the Picaxe microcontroller which I have. The Picaxe is good for collecting digital data from a variety of sensors on a bike, and if I can find a nice small screen the Raspberry Pi will be able to plot graphs from the data as I ride along.

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
I still think the R-pi is massive overkill for replacing a controller/bike computer. You would be better off with an Arduino or similar. I should think you could replace the controller and integrate all the sensors and controls you could ever want as well as having plenty of head room for a colour display for your bike computer (which could also include a watt meter).