Reads 40v but just a flicker

D

Deleted member 4366

That's good, then. All your cells are healthy, so you have a connection problem somewhere or a faulty BMS, or a faulty temperature sensor. I will have one of these batteries in a couple of days, thanks to Cyclezee. I will then be able to show you where to check further. The photos that I've seen are not enough to show me anything useful. While you're waiting, you could plug the connector back in, reconnect the blue wire, loosely put the box back together (no screws), and try it in your bike. It could be that the blue wire was loose, and sometimes the BMS comes back to life when you re-plug the multipin connector.

The blue wire must have a partner somewhere. It'll be wire the same size and with a barrel connector to receive the bullet on the blue wire. It should be easy to find.

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
That's good, then. All your cells are healthy, so you have a connection problem somewhere or a faulty BMS, or a faulty temperature sensor. I will have one of these batteries in a couple of days, thanks to Cyclezee. I will then be able to show you where to check further. The photos that I've seen are not enough to show me anything useful. While you're waiting, you could plug the connector back in, reconnect the blue wire, loosely put the box back together (no screws), and try it in your bike. It could be that the blue wire was loose, and sometimes the BMS comes back to life when you re-plug the multipin connector.

The blue wire must have a partner somewhere. It'll be wire the same size and with a barrel connector to receive the bullet on the blue wire. It should be easy to find.

Have connected wire and put battery together and reading 34 . 5, have tried on bike and there now are no lights showing.at all..?..

D

Deleted member 4366

Without photos, we're just stabbing in the dark. . The main thing is that your cells are OK, so it's definitely repairable, but without knowing what connections you have, I can't determine where to test. As i said before, you can either send it to me to fix or wait until I get my own one to open up and hope that yours is the same.

It costs £6.29 each way with Collect +. Morphix used Hermes that works the same. I don't know how much it cost, although they're often Cheaper. His battery is fixed now. It's just on test at the moment running my BPM motor at 8 amps on my test rig.

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
Without photos, we're just stabbing in the dark. . The main thing is that your cells are OK, so it's definitely repairable, but without knowing what connections you have, I can't determine where to test. As i said before, you can either send it to me to fix or wait until I get my own one to open up and hope that yours is the same.

It costs £6.29 each way with Collect +. Morphix used Hermes that works the same. I don't know how much it cost, although they're often Cheaper. His battery is fixed now. It's just on test at the moment running my BPM motor at 8 amps on my test rig.
Dave I am thankful that of what your doing is a boost so I am happy to go along with what you decide the ball is in your court as they say.

C

Cyclezee

Please just do yourself a favour Geostorm and send it to d8veh. If anyone can fix it he can.;)

D

Deleted member 4366

The battery is fixed now. The BMS was faulty. It looked like it had had water in in it. I'm not sure what's actually wrong with it. I might go into detail testing later.

You're very lucky because Cyclezee sent me a battery with a faulty cell that we decided to scrap. I took the BMS out of that one and put it in yours. He paid for the postage to me, so you owe him a drink or whatever.

I'll send it back shortly.