Recumbent trike conversion

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
Just a thought, if you are fond of cornering at the limit on the trike make sure you mount the batteries as far forward and low as possible as the weight of the rear hub will already shift the balance point slightly rearward causing more understeer. Don't put the batteries on top of a rear rack.
Disregard if you ride more sanely :)

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
Personally I would say "Dont put the batteries on a rear rack "whether you ride sanely or not , I was thrown off doing a U -turn in the road with batteries on top of the rack ( OK they were big batteries but it does make a trike unstable ) Keep every thing where possible well inside the "wheel triangle" and as low as can be achieved .

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
That would do it :)
But even with only an organic engine I used to love getting so far out the side of the trike to corner faster that I scraped the clear plastic on my phone holder on the road.
One of these.

stevew

Pedelecer
Thought an update was in order, even though it's not too interesting!
Dave has sent me all the necessary bits and bobs and it's all pretty
self- explanatory. Had it all out of the box a dozed times now but I'm so frustrated it's unbelievable............................nothing to do with the gear or Dave, both are excellent.
No, what's really pissing me off is the fact that i went and broke my leg by falling off my motorcycle at 1mph in North Wales. That means a
i can't do any work on any of my machines. :mad:

There will be more updates once i get back into the 'groove' at the end of March.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry to hear of that bad news Steve, I suppose the only slight consolation is that it happened at a poor cycling weather time of the year.

Best wishes for a smooth, trouble free path back to full fitness.