Riding ebike in the rain

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
Anyone bother with any ebike protection from rain?
I was thinking of cling film around throttle and display as I think I'm going to get wet this week.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I was thinking of cling film around throttle and display as I think I'm going to get wet this week.
Get yourself a cape/poncho. It keeps the bike dry as well as you and it's a lot more comfortable and less sweaty than waterproofs. You can even leave it as a bike carver when you park up:

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
I've got cling film over the display on my bikes.

Reactions: Wayners

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
I seen those wenko covers on Amazon but was unsure if any good.

I'll get the cling film out.

What about battery?

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
Small, thin clear plastic bags (supermarket fresh veg aisle or freezer bags) and elastic bands.
Small enough to put in your pocket and you can take them off again when it stops raining so condensation doesn't build up.

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Get yourself a cape/poncho. It keeps the bike dry as well as you and it's a lot more comfortable and less sweaty than waterproofs. You can even leave it as a bike carver when you park up:
That's what is owd uns know as a cycling cape. Got one for my 13th Birthday. They used to be made of waxed cotton in my dad's day.

4bound

Pedelecer
May 1, 2014
Neston
www.facebook.com
Not so good on a windy day though!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I cover my rackmounted battery with two waterproof rucksack covers (one is not waterproof enough!), secured using velcro. Disguises the battery a bit. (old pic pre-cable tidy and extra lights)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I installed this fork light (not photographed above). I was hoping it would be brighter than it turned out to be. I expect much brighter are available, or one of my usual "1800LM" headlights could be fork mounted using a makeshift bracket or adapter.

Looking on the bright side, at least it's brighter than these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353341108874?

...there's still one of those on my bike - it points backwards from my handlebar to illuminate my high-viz top, because hiviz isn't in the dark; needs illumination to be visible/highly visible.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

fire that in to all those fkn ulez cams lens ;)

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0117_04.JPG
all my girls come with guns and swords :p