SALES OFFER... Two Bosch 300Wh batteries for the price of one!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The NuVinci drag is certainly more than that of derailleurs and more in the hub gear region, not just my impression but also that of hugely experienced cyclists David Henshaw of A to B and Peter Eland of Velovision. The big difference from conventional hub gear drag is the the NuVinci is consistent throughout the range, so when ridden and accustomed to it there's no change in drag like that at different gear range points in geared hubs. So the NuVinci feel is very much like that of derailleurs which are also constant, albeit with virtually non-existent drag in their case, just the chain/sprockets of any bike.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
David,we have been getting on well of late and stopped throwing spears at each other,quite boring really.
I hope that Harmony system doesn't feel like the old Daf variable cones/belts....that system was one of the worst inventions on a motor car.....to accelerate you pressed the throttle which lowered the gear ratio so you gained speed but at high revs,when you backed off the throttle the gears went higher and the car went faster......crash!!!!!! The system was sold to old people as an easy transmission,it was anything but and difficult to understand,Daf got rid of it as soon as it could but it hurt the company and a lot of old people badly.
Ah; a Darwin device - bit late for that, though, as I presume the old gimmers had already reproduced.
Now, if it had been promoted to younger, stupider people, it would have worked better.
Actually, that's the first I've heard of that problem with it - most seemed to think it worked well enough, but then again, they weren't rallying the damn things :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Back on the thread subject. a free additional Bosch battery with every 2013 Riese and Muller blueLABEL Komfort model bought, given battery prices an attractive offer.

I wonder if one asked very nicely whether the supply of second battery could be deferred for a couple of years perhaps. That would be ideal for someone for whom only one battery's range is needed.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
A good idea Flecc, however this offer has been made because most of the Komfort bikes bought this year were supplied with 400Wh batteries. R and M have a overstock of 300's and are using them to help sell through the remaining 2013 bikes.

Still a generous offer though!

All the best

David