scooters

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
If your Private Scooter looks like one of these Hire Models , how is anyone going to tell the difference ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It is a rather bizarre situation that commercial companies can rent these out for a fee
but you can't buy one and ride it yourself

If they are safe then they are safe - it not then not
Only for the trial though. If it's decided that we want them permanently, a whole new law with a set of rules will be passed for them.

As I posted above on this link, this is solely a political move.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Halfords sees popularity of e-scooters surge in lockdown

The company said total e-mobility sales rose 184% in the first six months of its financial year.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Maleyale

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 15, 2020
there was about 15 kids out side the shop last night and all of them had escooters they are fkn everywhere round here and police do nothing, never have lol.
Yeah it's not like they have anything to do is it. Like enforcing the governments Covid restrictions. Sorting out idiots who refuse to wear masks in shops etc. People going to illegal raves etc etc. People getting police involved in their Facebook arguements It's easy to blame the police. Don't forget there's 20,000 less officer now due to cuts in the police budgets.

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
It is a rather bizarre situation that commercial companies can rent these out for a fee
but you can't buy one and ride it yourself

If they are safe then they are safe - it not then not
This rental policy strikes me as money-making scheme for the government and the firm they have done this deal with.