Sneak preview DaaHub

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Guys, I hope this doesn't appear too cheeky, but here are some images of DaaHub fitted to a Whyte 28".

Publicity images will not be taken until the we have received the final micro-throttle and the proper DaaTape, but here are some I took last week of the final pre production model.

The battery can be fitted behind the seat post or in front of the seat post tube as preffered.

P1013369 100.jpg

P1013334 100.jpg

P1013336 crop 100kb.jpg

P1013354 100.jpg

P1013357 100kb.jpg

More to come......

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
nice looking bike...never heard of a of a Whyte :confused:

I particularly like the display it looks very clear.....

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Especially a black one! :D
Indeed...Like my cars dont mind the colour as long as its black!:D

found the whyte web site, a good range of bikes, not cheap mind.....

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Eddie

It was the bike recommended to me by my local bike shop, not too expensive at £600 odd nice to ride and works beautifully with DaaHub.

All the best

D

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hi Eddie

It was the bike recommended to me by my local bike shop, not too expensive at £600 odd nice to ride and works beautifully with DaaHub.

All the best

D
which model is it? as they have a big selection...what kinda weight, any idea? (with kit)

and will you be offering a fitting service.......

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Eddie

I will weigh them together this afternoon.

I am sure we could offer a fitting service through our dealers however the kit is very simply to fit by anyone.

All the best

David

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
David,

Looks nice. Whats all those connector type things coming out the front in picture three above ?

Regards

Jerry

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
David,

Looks nice. Whats all those connector type things coming out the front in picture three above ?

Regards

Jerry
Hi Jerry

It is our new electronics junction (or manifold), the cable from the controller is split into 4 sets (L and R brake sensors, throttle and LED or LCD control panel) at the new "manifold". Each of the 4 functions has it's own connector so if for instance your throttle is broken it is a 2 minute job to change. This will be standard on all 2011 Wisper bikes.

DSC_6804 100kb.jpg

All the best

David

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Love it David :p

Here's mine

Yours is way better for component disconnection though as you state. Excellent work.

Ok I need to get back to my work :eek:

Regards

Jerry

schoe

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2010
Hi David. Daahub looks good. Is black now the colour of Daahub or does it have a silver casing?

Have you been out for a ride yet is it quiet?

Any drag from the motor?

My only criticism is the red control buttons on the handlebars look a bit cheap.

Regards Schoe.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Schoe

The new Dapu motor is excellent, much quieter than last year's model with almost no drag.

The Standard DaaHub is Black however if colour is an issue it would not be a problem to offer a choice of case colours, what do you think?

The red buttons are a part of the DaaHub styling, I would be interested to hear if anyone would prefer to see the kit with different colour buttons, does it make a difference?

Many thanks,

Best regards

David

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
David,

If I recall initally you were looking at alternative battery mounting locations within the frame, did you abandon that idea ?

Regards

Jerry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Thanks. Its certainly a professional job and will hopefully bring more people to the use of ebikes.

I bet you had great fun and challenges developing it :p

Regards

Jerry

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Jerry

Thanks for your comments!

Yes we did have to jump through hoops especially regarding battery mounting. If the kit was to be used in harsh conditions, which we expect it will be, there needs to be decent suspension between the bike and battery. We eventually achieved this through molding silicone shims that go between the frame and the dock. You would be surprised what a hammering any cantilever off the frame takes!

All the best

David