So whats the lightest ebike/ moped you can make ?

gspeed

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 15, 2020
What's the lightest bike available I really want one with a throttle if possible. I tried the Fiido D1 but I'm not well and it would be too heavy for me to take on the train.

IS this the lightest conversion kit available it looks like it

and the motor is up to 85% effecient apparently.

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
getting back to your original question, I suppose the lightest bike would be to fit a kit to a Hummingbird.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
I use my 21kg+ KTM eRace on local off peak trains - weight isn't a problem as train doors are only a few inches higher than the platform. Just need to lift front wheel up first followed by rear and push it on.

Only time the bike's weight becomes a problem was returning via certain stations i.e Weeley where the bike needs to carried up & across a footbridge to get to the right platform.

Goodness know how disabled folk are able to use unmanned Weeley Station for Colchester / London bound journeys as they blocked of easy ready access to that side's platform

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
the ad says wireless kit and didn't mention the motor cable.
It's probably the indiego link I posted earlier this morning, the motor is wired but the other components are BT.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the OP would like a throttle which is not impossible but very difficult to do wirelessly.