Some advance info on the latest 2016 Kudos models

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
And how many customers come through your doors and ask if they can get a bike in magnolia, or beige..... not many i bet, if any at all.
The Chinese may make good products at reasonable prices, but they really need a lesson in current trends of colours and making something look cool. Even when they get the colour right the graphics are often terrible. The Karoo has graphics that look like a throwback to the 80's and then they add partly chrome coloured grips from a cruiser motorcycle.
At least the subject matter of colour is very personal and less aggressive. The beige/sand colour is only one of the range and is clearly a Marmite colour.
I disagree with the Chinese not being capable of detailing good graphics,most think the graphics on my Kudos Tornado,Typhoon and Arriba bikes as being very good,whatever you think of the colour of the Alamo the detailing of the lining was done by their artist,I thought he had done a good job.
I also sell KTM,fine bikes,but their designer of the graphics is so limited,not his fault,he has to stick to the house colours of black and orange....he tries to make even slight changes into blues and yellows,but nobody buys them.
When you look at the KTM stand it's a sea of orange and black,fine if you like those colours.
Some bike suppliers don't employ an artist to detail the bike,preferring to supply in a monotone colour with little graphics,to my eyes the detailing of the graphics is what separates a DIY looking bike into a production bike,but as I started its all personal.
Interesting that the opinions are very divergent,that's why we need lots of choices in our bike options.
KudosDave

C

Cyclezee

At least the subject matter of colour is very personal and less aggressive. The beige/sand colour is only one of the range and is clearly a Marmite colour.
I disagree with the Chinese not being capable of detailing good graphics,most think the graphics on my Kudos Tornado,Typhoon and Arriba bikes as being very good,whatever you think of the colour of the Alamo the detailing of the lining was done by their artist,I thought he had done a good job.
I also sell KTM,fine bikes,but their designer of the graphics is so limited,not his fault,he has to stick to the house colours of black and orange....he tries to make even slight changes into blues and yellows,but nobody buys them.
When you look at the KTM stand it's a sea of orange and black,fine if you like those colours.
Some bike suppliers don't employ an artist to detail the bike,preferring to supply in a monotone colour with little graphics,to my eyes the detailing of the graphics is what separates a DIY looking bike into a production bike,but as I started its all personal.
Interesting that the opinions are very divergent,that's why we need lots of choices in our bike options.
KudosDave
Dave,

Maybe we could have a vote to find the most popular colour:D
Over to you;)

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Ignore the naysayers Dave. They're all old and still moan about the demise of the radiogram. ;). The truth is, time will tell. Next year if we're all running around on beige bikes you'll be happy. If we're not all on beige bikes you'll come up with a new colour.

On a personal basis, I like it. What size is the frame?

Reactions: flecc

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
KudosDave
I never said they're not capable, i said they're often terrible at graphics. Which they are, you only have to looks at the graphics on a lot of Chinese bikes, ebikes and motorcycles.
KTM may be stuck with black, orange and white.... but at least they do it well and their ebikes and motorcycles always look cool.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
The thing about eZee bikes looking dated has been said before, but they are made for the world market, not just the UK or Europe and the simple fact is they sell worldwide and have been doing so for more than a decade.
]
As long as they sell, and at a level you're happy with that's all that matters. I did feel a little guilty for forgetting your bikes when I made a recent recommendation, but that probably says more about me than your bikes, sadly none of them appeal to me, and that is what makes me wonder if you are actually losing sales?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I never said they're not capable, i said they're often terrible at graphics. Which they are, you only have to looks at the graphics on a lot of Chinese bikes, ebikes and motorcycles.
KTM may be stuck with black, orange and white.... but at least they do it well and their ebikes and motorcycles always look cool.
Yam dude.....I see some awful graphics on the home market Chinese bikes,the Chinese love colour,photoshopped to extreme......look at the photoshop images of Chinese hotels,the colours are unbelievable,the bright blue Pearl River is in reality muddy grey-brown.
We get samples at work in what we describe as 'Asian packaging',we have to educate that subtle black with fine detailing is what says quality,less is more!
But,they can be taught to think European in styling and colour usage.
With regard to KTM,I personally love the colours of black and orange,and even criticise when they stray from those colours,as you say they do it well,but it's not everyone's choice.
KudosDave

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I have two KTM's one bike has no orange, and the other has no orange or black, if you don't count the small KTM badges.

Reactions: Kudoscycles

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Another thing the Chinese are fond of doing, is adding random words into their graphics. Stuff like 'all terrain' or something with 'power' in. It makes the graphics even more naff to me.

Goater

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 22, 2016
Hampshire
For me, what a electric bike looks like is important. The partially hidden battery on the Alamo/Stealth looks very good indeed and the colour scheme is terrific (really, I think its the nicest looking bike around). Love the tyres also. Fingers-crossed that I can fit a rack and paniers for my commute...

Reactions: AndyFromTheBrac

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Kudos Stealth / Alamo - the future of sport E-Biking
The development of E-Bikes is evolving such that the appearance and ride is getting ever closer to non assisted road / sport bikes.
The Stealth & Alamo bikes are ideal for the rider who needs some assistance up hills but wishes to retain a fast sport cycling.
With an 11.6 Ah semi-concealed battery, low rolling resistance tyres and the anticipation that the rider will input some power on the flat, this E-Bike should have a 50 mile 'plus' range.
Includes mudguards, kickstand, LCD Display with 6 assistance levels, set off throttle and all legal reflectors.
Lightweight at 19.2Kg
Good value @ £935.00 (inc. VAT)

Last edited:
Reactions: rippedupno1

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Another thing the Chinese are fond of doing, is adding random words into their graphics. Stuff like 'all terrain' or something with 'power' in. It makes the graphics even more naff to me.
Agreed....they even invent words that make no sense....like 'SUPERNORMAL',what does that mean?
I have control over the graphics,its often a battle to get what you want.
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Its looking like mid July now,we are having trouble shipping e-bikes with lithium batteries even in sea freight,so the correct paperwork is now essential,it has delayed the shipment.
Sorry I dont get involved in the Cycle to Work scheme,the 10% surcharge seems a rip off to me,some of my dealers have alternatives.
Will inform you when the bikes arrive.
Dave

Reactions: Goater

Goater

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 22, 2016
Hampshire
Cheers. Think the larger wheels and semi-hidden battery look great. Hope they are a success.