Sorry Guys,this new format is not working for Kudos

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
90% of the forum traffic is under the section 'electric bicycles',so as traders that is where we would wish to place our new products/events announcements/meets. However if we place such announcements in that section we get moved to the 'wilderness'-look at the poor viewing numbers of the section 'manufacture/dealer news'-144 views or 'events/rides'-160 views.
Looking at the postings under the section 'electric bicycles' 50% of the postings are about battery problems,important to the individual but is this of general interest? The general chat about 'my bike is better because of',has dissapeared,am I allowed to say it's got boring!!!
I have some exciting new bikes due out over the next couple of months,some I know exactly meet the e-bike profile of Pedelec members. I will put my postings under the core section of the site 'electric bicycles',if I get moved then I will withdraw from the forum completely, for the forum is no longer meeting the needs of Kudos Cycles.
KudosDave

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
90% of the forum traffic is under the section 'electric bicycles',so as traders that is where we would wish to place our new products/events announcements/meets. However if we place such announcements in that section we get moved to the 'wilderness'-look at the poor viewing numbers of the section 'manufacture/dealer news'-144 views or 'events/rides'-160 views.
Looking at the postings under the section 'electric bicycles' 50% of the postings are about battery problems,important to the individual but is this of general interest? The general chat about 'my bike is better because of',has dissapeared,am I allowed to say it's got boring!!!
I have some exciting new bikes due out over the next couple of months,some I know exactly meet the e-bike profile of Pedelec members. I will put my postings under the core section of the site 'electric bicycles',if I get moved then I will withdraw from the forum completely, for the forum is no longer meeting the needs of Kudos Cycles.
KudosDave
I agree. I had forgotten all about all the other forums and only look at Electric bikes and Charging post. We do not need so many other forums.

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Dave, we don't mind where posts are located. Previous feedback from forum members was that they wanted selling threads to be separate from the main discussion. It's always a fine line keeping everyone happy, so If people want everything lumped into one forum, that's OK. What does everyone want ?

PS Don't forget we've just launched a new front end heavily geared towards attracting new electric bikers so if you've got news, send it to us! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Don't most people view the forum via the 'New Posts' tab ? that's the only way I view the forum, so I see or get the opportunity to see all posts.
I guess that doesn't work for none-registered users though?

D

Deleted member 4366

Many people use the "new posts" button to see what's been posted new. The reason those forums have not many views is because nothing new of interest has been posted. You can see the titles of threads in the "new posts" list and decide whether you're interested enough to visit that forum and view it without having to go to the forum first. So, as an example, I saw your post in the list about the London bike show, but, as soon as I saw "London" in the title, I knew that post was of no interest to me, so I was aware of something happening, but I didn't visit to find details, and the viewing counter didn't count it. If it had said "Birmingham" or Redbridge, I would have been interested. In fact if you hover over the title in the list, you can read the first post without visiting the forum.

The reason that most posts are about batteries is because that is what most forum members are interested in, hence the number of posts.

I'm sure that when you post details of your new bikes in the "Dealer Announcements " forum,the visit count will go right up.

Reactions: bigroy

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I think people got fed up with....'I want a bike for my wife' or 'I want a ride to work bike' or 'I want a folder' and they got snowballed with a trader trying to sell bikes completely remote from the original request...it's up to us traders to be sensible and only come back with suggestions that relate to the request.
However,we seem to have 'thrown the baby out with the bathwater',the trade seemed to have stopped posting almost completely...Wispering Dave,BEBA are all quiet of late,maybe they are busy plotting world domination....maybe waiting for new models to appear,there are some wonderful new bikes from KTM but the KTM guy gets shot down because he supports his own product so he is reluctant to post.
Please let the core section be a general posting area,perhaps a new section devoted to battery problems may be a good idea.
KudosDave

Reactions: bigroy
D

Deleted member 4366

there are some wonderful new bikes from KTM but the KTM guy gets shot down because he supports his own product so he is reluctant to post.
He got shot down because he tried to rubbish Ezee bikes by saying "it doesn't look like it would even last 10 minutes". As you know, if you want to promote your products, you have to be careful and diplomatic about what you post in a public forum, where there's been long established support for and from other brands. How would you have felt if somebody representing a different brand said something similar about your bikes.

There's nothing wrong with being passionate about one's brand, but you have to try and present a balanced and fair view. if you show extreme bias, nobody will take you seriously. To be honest my question about the comparison with Ezee bikes in that thread was deliberate and loaded, to explore whether the guy was passionate or biased. You can make your own mind up which it was by reading the thread. I have to admit to being a bit of a rotter sometimes. I can't help it. It's in my nature.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
90% of the posts are authored by frequent posters who are more interested in new technology than in new bikes.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm another who switched to the New Posts option some while ago to avoid missing anything and also so I didn't have to search all the other forums individually.

Personally I've always preferred almost everything lumped together in one forum in a moderate posting rate forum. Breaking into many forums is mainly useful in the busiest sites where threads can disappear off the front page in minutes.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
To be honest my question about the comparison with Ezee bikes in that thread was deliberate and loaded, to explore whether the guy was passionate or biased.
Perhaps we should ask you if you think a cheap Chinese made and designed bike is good as a European designed bike featuring far better quality frame design materials and components?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Perhaps we should ask you if you think a cheap Chinese made and designed bike is good as a European designed bike featuring far better quality frame design materials and components?
Artstu....the frame on your KTM bike was made in Tianjin(near Bejing),same factory as Kudos Arriba and Tornado...that factory has computer controlled robot welders that ensure repeat quality.
The difference between a euro bike and a chinese bike can be the quality of assembly and quality control,which is variable in China...I am doing work on our auto side with one of the largest suppliers in China (revenue $1.5 billion),his quality control standards are with the best of Europe,but as I say it can be variable.
KudosDave

D

Deleted member 4366

Start a new thread, and I'll give my honest opinion. when you use phrases like "is good as",you have to be careful because what's good for someone might be bad for someone else. So be careful how you word your question so as not to load it. To take what you said as en example: "..is good as... bike featuring a far better quality frame". It sounds like a foregone conclusion; however, if you're only 70 kg and only ride on smooth roads, the frame probably doesn't matter a lot. The word "Quality" has different meanings to different people. It's true definition is an adjective that shows that something meets or exceeds it's requirements. Some people misuse it with the meaning "high specification". So, you have your beautiful Cube FS frame that's guaranteed not to break on rough terrain on your bike, and you only use your bike to race your next door neighbour to work every day. He has a £270 Halfords road bike. Who has the best quality frame? Ask the question again while you're bouncing up and down up the hill losing ground by the second.

Reactions: billadie

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Artstu....the frame on your KTM bike was made in Tianjin(near Bejing),same factory as Kudos Arriba and Tornado...that factory has computer controlled robot welders that ensure repeat quality.
The difference between a euro bike and a chinese bike can be the quality of assembly and quality control,which is variable in China...I am doing work on our auto side with one of the largest suppliers in China (revenue $1.5 billion),his quality control standards are with the best of Europe,but as I say it can be variable.
KudosDave
That's why I said European designed. I realise a lot of what makes up a quality bike is manufactured in China. We all know that the quality of a wholly Chinese manufacturer and a none-Chinese company having parts made in China are not of equal quality.

D

Deleted member 4366

You know exactly what I'm trying to say.
But I'm not sure I agree with what you're saying - especially this bit; "We all know that the quality of a wholly Chinese manufacturer and a none-Chinese company having parts made in China are not of equal quality". Don't forget that that China is the biggest market for bikes in the world. You'd be drooling over some of the bikes I saw in Shanghai. They make every level of bikes, but not many of the good ones are imported because they'd be too expensive. You shouldn't under-estimate what they're capable of. Also, nearly every part on a bike is a standard catalogue part. The only part that a bike manufacturer might make is the frame. Many brands get their frames from China. The rest of the parts are all bought in from global sources. In the next few years, you can expect to see superior quality Chinese group-sets, hubs, wheels and other parts. At the Shanghai show, there was one hall with just wheels in it. It was bigger than NEC Biike show's entire show. I can't remember how many halls there were. I think about 17. We spent three days in just the electric bike hall and only a quick glance in some of the others.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Chinese e-bike frames are much stronger than european designed frames to the point of being chunky looking.
The problem with EN15194 Chinese e-bikes are:
1. they insist on fitting brake cutout whereas Bosch don't. That causes their bikes to be more vulnerable to water problems and few have hydraulic brakes
2. They insist on the 250W standard (8-Fun SWX motors at 201 RPM) whereas Bosch don't. That results in their bikes having lower real output. Try to find a bike with EN15194 and 8-Fun BPM motor on alibaba.com, you'll see what I mean.
3. they assume wrongly that fat Europeans want to sit on their bikes and not pedal. That results in their bikes to be rather c*** to pedal.
Of course, you can get them to fix all these issues and get yourself a decent bike with good VFM.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
In the next few years, you can expect to see superior quality Chinese group-sets, hubs, wheels and other parts
I'm talking about now, not what will be in the future. Two comparable bikes? I think not.

C

Cyclezee

I'm talking about now, not what will be in the future. Two comparable bikes? I think not.

The KTM is an MTB, the eZee Torq is a Hybrid, the KTM has a 300 or 400w battery, the eZee Torq has a 518, 540, 720 or 1,008w battery.
The KTM is pedelec only, the eZee Torq has pedelec and throttle modes.
The eZee Torq is priced from £1195, the KTM is priced from?

D

Deleted member 4366