"Sorry, he has a problem with his eyes!" says the passenger.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

i call him a paki as well ;)

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
A wise man once said that racism is always born out of ignorance. Here's a classic example.

(Someone else can explain what I'm saying to SW, I haven't the patience)
Which politician said that? I know that it wasn't Enoch Powell. o_O

Down there in Devon, you probably don't have large communities of immigrants dumped on you either. It's harder to ignore in some places.

Anyway, it's merely a slur, if perceived as such, and also a term that their community refer to each other as. Especially the youth. No different to 'Jock' or 'Taffy' really boyo. :)

Ignorance is bliss. It's the realisation that's the nightmare.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Down there in Devon, you probably don't have large communities of immigrants dumped on you either. It's harder to ignore in some places.
It tends to be the opposite. In London where well under half the population are white British born, there's hardly any racism.

But as I've posted previously, in one Welsh town of 40,000 people, many took to the streets in a march to protest about being overwhelmed with immigrants.

A check showed they actually had 22 immigrants in the town.

And in Devon, when the guy self-identified as the Black Farmer turned up at the local fete, the behaviour of the locals I found appalling. They stood in a line all continuously staring directly at him as he walked into and around the area, they could hardly have been more rude and ignorant.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i can get items on credit from my local paki shop and i bet not 1 member on here can get that from there local shop.

also get some good links for duty free cigs from the ones up town and cheap nike trainers.

in fact got to go get a pair later will post a pic £25 pair ;)
DSC_0663.JPG
:p

Last edited:

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Which politician said that? I know that it wasn't Enoch Powell. o_O

Anyway, it's merely a slur, if perceived as such, and also a term that their community refer to each other as. Especially the youth. No different to 'Jock' or 'Taffy' really boyo. :)

Ignorance is bliss. It's the realisation that's the nightmare.
I'm quite surprised that you are able to identify the drivers precise ethnic origin to such a degree. From the video I saw I could only identify him/her as a bad driver. Racism/ignorance again.

Defend it any way you like, there's no excuse to drop the 'P' bomb on a public forum.

(For the record, I challenge racist attitudes wherever I find them. In Devon there's quite a lot, I assume because of lack of exposure/experience. Most often it's not really racism but xenophobia, which is also born of ignorance.)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I was going to suggest we start a thread for near miss vids, but yours shows just what we are trying to avoid...
I am not a fan of no win no fee ambulance chasers but anyone having done this who doesnt bow down with a groveling, knee scraping apology effeminately deserves the best shot you can give them regarding compensation..

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I'm quite surprised that you are able to identify the drivers precise ethnic origin to such a degree. From the video I saw I could only identify him/her as a bad driver. Racism/ignorance again.

Defend it any way you like, there's no excuse to drop the 'P' bomb on a public forum.

(For the record, I challenge racist attitudes wherever I find them. In Devon there's quite a lot, I assume because of lack of exposure/experience. Most often it's not really racism but xenophobia, which is also born of ignorance.
Is it really ignorance when you live with it? I beg to differ there. It's the best education you can get.

I'm not defending racism, because it hasn't occurred here. My point is that you're crying racism over a racial slur. You've probably never met a real racist. Challenging racist attitudes. That's the most racist statement I've heard for a while. WTF put you in charge of integration?

Pop up here for a night, get stopped in the street with your wife or daughter and get told that she must cover her head to proceed. That's real racism. You just make sure that you enjoy that lack of exposure and experience down there.

I speak a bit of every language up here in Brum. I've blacks in my family. We've grown up with multi-culturalism here, it was dumped on our doorsteps. Ghettos. I'm not talking about your one hour seminar at the office either. Racism isn't strictly a white affair. Try challenging that up here and see how far you get.

Reactions: Gubbins and RobF
Hey, I am on your side!

When you turn right in to Robertson Road it is difficult to see up Millers Road - the direction you were coming from. That is the 90 degree bend with poor visibility.

I make that turn every day.

I bet you will ride down that road more slowly next time. I will certainly turn right even more carefully - wouldn't want to end up on Pedelecs.
The only thing, other than his eyesight, that could have hindered his view was the A-pillar of his car. That being the case, come to a halt until you are certain nothing is coming before you cross the oncoming lane. The driver doesn't seem to slow down at all before he makes his turn, let alone come to a complete halt as you suggest. Like I say, try watching it again.
The wide angle lens on these action cams is renowned for making things look faster than they are. There was ample time to see each other. The crazy thing is that I had eye contact with the driver as he approached. He simply did not see me (nor my new best headlight ;) ).
I'm sure you are a very safe and competent driver and you need not fear appearing on YouTube/Pedelecs anytime soon, just stay clear of grey/silver Citroen Xsaras in that vicinity!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
i can get items on credit from my local paki shop and i bet not 1 member on here can get that from there local shop.

also get some good links for duty free cigs from the ones up town and cheap nike trainers.

in fact got to go get a pair later will post a pic £25 pair ;)
View attachment 17361
:p
Hahaha. Looks like your corner shop does a fine line in 'under-the-counter' goods ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ran out of tobacco tho and think trading standards are watching them again pmsl.;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i dont smoke weed i vape it in my 500 quid volcano ;)

• :D

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Is it really ignorance when you live with it? I beg to differ there. It's the best education you can get.

I'm not defending racism, because it hasn't occurred here. My point is that you're crying racism over a racial slur. You've probably never met a real racist. Challenging racist attitudes. That's the most racist statement I've heard for a while. WTF put you in charge of integration?

Pop up here for a night, get stopped in the street with your wife or daughter and get told that she must cover her head to proceed. That's real racism. You just make sure that you enjoy that lack of exposure and experience down there.

I speak a bit of every language up here in Brum. I've blacks in my family. We've grown up with multi-culturalism here, it was dumped on our doorsteps. Ghettos. I'm not talking about your one hour seminar at the office either. Racism isn't strictly a white affair. Try challenging that up here and see how far you get.
My point is that the driver of the car is many things. He's a dangerous tw8t, a selfish r's hole and total wakner.

SW brings race into argument, which is totally irrelevant. That's exactly what racism is.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
stop moaning you fkn paki tart :cool:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
but you have no paki m8s do you that own shops give you credit sell you drugs cheap nike trainers and tobacco.

you just dont get it and i have more than proved it you are the racist i have more black brown orange friends than you will ever have.

the orange ones are fkn umpa lump as:eek:

• :D
Reactions: Andy Bluenoes