SportsHQ 24hr sale.

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Really makes that electric bike at £399 look good value for someone just wanting to try out a beginners bike.

D

Deleted member 4366

Spinalot

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2011
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Grrr why couldn't you have waited till after I tried some ebikes at the NEC show?
Even though this bike would be £400, I do not have money to burn up!

He he, patience is a virtue so they say! :)

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
sports hq discount

20% of everything at sports hq today (Cyclamatic) using the password YEAREND:)

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
How does that work. I couldn't find anything about it.
go to Quidco - The UK's No.1 Cashback & Voucher Codes Site and search Sports HQ and you will see that Quidco pay you 8% on all purchases from that retailer.

Quidco pay out on many other purchases too, Car Insurance being a big one. Never just go for the biggest earners though. Always search for the company you would insure with, then check if Quidco offer a payout.

I've had about £1500 from Quidco over the last 4 years on things like insurance, electricity, gas, mobile phone contract and other on-line purchases. The best deal was to insure my old Land Rover for £108 with Aviva and then received £100 back from Quidco. £8 for a year's motor insurance....bargain. Another one was Vodafone iPhone sim only 12 month contract, 300 Mins, 1 GB data and unlimited texts £15 / month. With £120 cash back from Quidco it works out at a fiver per month.

Quidco is well worth looking into and Top Cashback which is the same thing.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Quidco charge you an annual fee, your first fee comes out of your first 'saving'
Do they? They used to charge £5, but only after you had created more than £5 worth of cash back and I thought that they had stopped doing it. If it is the case, go for Top Cashback. That definitely is free.

I'm usually quite sceptical about these things, but cash back sites are worth looking at. I'm £1500 better off over 4 years than I would have been had I not used them. Not a fortune, but £1500 for no effort is not to be turned down. If you are going to make any purchase on line, its always worth just checking the cash back sites first.

D

Deleted member 4366

go to Quidco - The UK's No.1 Cashback & Voucher Codes Site and search Sports HQ and you will see that Quidco pay you 8% on all purchases from that retailer.

OK, I've done all that, but not sure I did it right. Nothing showing in my account yet, but they say it sometimes takes 3 days to appear. I ordered a Cyclamatic to see if they really can run at 48v. If something smokes, I've got spare 36v motors and controllers, which can definitely run at 48v, so one way or another this Cyclamatic will fly - just like the one in the video - and, of course, the Beastamatic.

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
The Topcashback site gives a massive 14.4% cashback on SportsHQ- it takes a few weeks for the cashback to come through.

I don't know if the current sale would attract that discount but I am off to buy another battery for my cyclamatic if they are in the sale.

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
Just ordered a battery at a net cost of £144. That's taking the 20% discount, about £14 of SportsHQ rewards previously earned deducted from the cost and then deducting the 14.4% cash discount I will get back through Topcashback eventually.

Now I need some help/advice in explaining how to wire my batteries up in series - a 48 volt Cyclamatic sounds a bit scary though!