Still no response to my emails from BMS

Biga

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2019
North Wales
I still have had no response from BMS about sending the 328 rpm Q100cst motor instead of the 201rpm that I ordered I take it this is there usual response when they get it wrong is to blank you, looks like I will have to look for an alternative motor from another supplier

Biga

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2019
North Wales
Make a PayPal dispute. Item not as described.
thanks for the reply vfr400 i have put a dispute in and finally got a reply asking me to close down the dispute before they would send out a motor.

They also asked if they had another buyer in the UK would i send the motor.

I agreed to do that if they pay the postage, i have just had a reply saying that the boss won't send out the motor until i close the dispute, as i won't do this as it is my only safeguard i have as it was only after we opened a dispute we got a reply, so we are at an impasse at the moment.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Paypal will refund you if they BMSB don't. The only problem is that Paypal might want you to send it back before they refund you, but there's a maximum that they will cover for the shipping cost, which is nowhere near what it actually costs. Things must have changed since Brexit because Paypal must now come under UK regulation with an office in UK. Before they were in Luxembourg, so impossible to go after. You're now fully covered by UK consumer protection laws as far as Paypal is concerned.

I'm not too sure that you can reopen the Paypal case once closed, so don't close it. You can live chat to Paypal or talk to them on the phone. they're normally very helpful and understanding, but they always insist that you stick to the rules and if you get one wrong, you're out.

What I'd do is write to BMSB and tell them that you will hold the motor and send it to anyone in the UK as long as they arrange the shipping, provided that they send you a replacement of the correct type immediately.

Biga

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2019
North Wales
Paypal will refund you if they BMSB don't. The only problem is that Paypal might want you to send it back before they refund you, but there's a maximum that they will cover for the shipping cost, which is nowhere near what it actually costs. Things must have changed since Brexit because Paypal must now come under UK regulation with an office in UK. Before they were in Luxembourg, so impossible to go after. You're now fully covered by UK consumer protection laws as far as Paypal is concerned.

I'm not too sure that you can reopen the Paypal case once closed, so don't close it. You can live chat to Paypal or talk to them on the phone. they're normally very helpful and understanding, but they always insist that you stick to the rules and if you get one wrong, you're out.

What I'd do is write to BMSB and tell them that you will hold the motor and send it to anyone in the UK as long as they arrange the shipping, provided that they send you a replacement of the correct type immediately.
thank you for the reply vfr400 we will talk to paypal as BMSB are insisting on use dropping the case before they will send a new motor. we did say we would post on the motor if they pay the postage.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
Close the dispute and I suspect they go dark again. I thought BMSbattery would be better than that. I've bought four motors from them, but my last one, a AKM100, was from topbikekit.com. SHipping seems more reasonable.

Biga

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2019
North Wales
Close the dispute and I suspect they go dark again. I thought BMSbattery would be better than that. I've bought four motors from them, but my last one, a AKM100, was from topbikekit.com. SHipping seems more reasonable.
Thank for the reply Harry I have been looking at other suppliers and have escalated the dispute as BMS where corresponding out side of paypall I have heard nothing more so it looks like it may be a some time before I re order another motor

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Make sure you understand the PayPal rules and timings. They stick to them rigidly. Escalate it as soon as you can. You can phone them. They're always very helpful as long as you stick to the rules.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
I had a problem with PSWpower sending a package to the wrong address 1000 miles away. They asked me to go there and get it. After DHL shipping sent me proof that it went to wrong address, Alice offered me a dollar. She must have been convinced I was a scammer. She thought she had the right address. I suspect Paypal glitched on her.

Anyway, Paypal gave me a refund. While that was nice, I don't think I'm welcome at PSWpower , which is too bad, Then again, I gotta quit buying this stuff.

Biga

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2019
North Wales
PayPal has given me a full refund as I don't think they had any more luck than me dealings with BMS battery , it is a good job I didn't drop the case with PayPal as they were insisting I did before the would send me another motor, I have know ordered a motor from the bike shed in Lincolnshire

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)