The 100 Mile Challenge

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Sent you an email about the route Frank, but I can do less about the weather.

Nick
Nick,

Maybe you are being too modest!

I don't want to tempt fate but I've just checked the forecast for that part of the world and there are some clouds every day until Wednesday when the forecast is for sun all day!

Frank

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Hi Andy,

It will be two 50 mile loops, but there will be options of 25 mile loops. So while the main run will be the 100 miles, I suppose you could mix and match to come up with 25, 50 or 75 miles.

It is all on road, and that ranges from small roads up to some sections on A roads. Its been worked out so that the A road sections are not on busy roads and are downhill.

What is this "mostly not steep" thing? I'm struggling with the concept.

Nick

AndyOfTheSouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2009
Does anyone happen know how many people will be at the dinner in the Crown this evening (pre-ride) and what time it starts? Have just emailed Nick, but perhaps someone else is going and knows. :)

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Its all looking good, even the weather.

It looks like about 10 people riding tomorrow - I've just had to go out and buy a new print cartridge to print off all the maps.

Some of the On Bike team are already down there. I'm not sure when the Wisper team are going. I'm going over this evening and we'll take it from there. Its not a formal dinner as such, just that we have a private dining area in the hotel.

Nick

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
The reason I am printing the maps off now, is that yesterday I was in my secret laboratory getting other stuff prepared.

I broke one ammeter, several circuit boards and finally took out one phase of the three phase supply to the building. Isn't science fun?

Nick

Wooky

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2009
Near Barnstaple, Devon
You guys should come to North Devon more often if you're gonna bring weather like this with you, the first day without rain for as long as I can remember this year, for North Devon think welsh weather!

Have a good and safe cycle folks,

Wooky

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
Good luck to everyone taking part in the challenge today - I wish I could be there, but alas, I can't. Hope the weather holds up for you all, and I expect to see lots of pictures when it's all over :)

AndyOfTheSouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2009
Thanks to everyone on the ride for your cheery companionship.

The scenery was fantastic, with perfect weather.

Great organising, Nick. Great moral and photographic support from the 4x4 team - very sorry, don't have your names, but your presence was much appreciated.

Thanks to Pete of On-Bike for the loan of the Ezee Forza, which was excellent on the very hilly route.

Now, when are we going to start boring people with our pictures?!? :)