The G-Tech e-bike

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Yes could be but only repeating what I heard so that would be a question for GTECH as I do not work for them :)
It is strange that businesses have entirely different business models yet are successful.
Cosmetic companies have very high marketing costs,very high margins,big revenue, but low product cost. To use the same business model on electric bike sales the product cost needs to be very low and the revenue very high,I just don't see the market big enough and the build cost to be low enough to make that work.
But certainly G-Tech have done a good job of introducing electric bikes to the masses and I compliment them for excellent videos,albeit a bit stretched in the performance claims,always wary of the words 'up to',hehe
KudosDave

Reactions: Electrifying Cycles
D

Deleted member 4366

I think Halfords have had more success with their Crossfire E than G-tech. I certainly see a lot of them out on the road. I've only seen one G-tech on the road so far.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
what is the percentage of sales of single speed bikes?
halfords bikes suit more people.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
what is the percentage of sales of single speed bikes?
It must be very small, mainly those who dip into trying a simple folder or e-bike like the casual Gtech buyers and the very small number of fixie riders.

The only large single speed market is that of small childrens bikes, what used to be known as fairy cycles many decades ago.

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I think Halfords have had more success with their Crossfire E than G-tech. I certainly see a lot of them out on the road. I've only seen one G-tech on the road so far.
I have only seen one halfords bike,possibly three g tech but it could possibly be the same rider,i tend to spot electric bikes but do not take much notice of who is riding them.

rayvinloon

Just Joined
Mar 20, 2016
I have owned mine (a gtech sport) for just over a year, I love it particularly the carbon belt, I would admit a bigger battery wouldn't go amiss for longer rides but I have got 22-23 miles out of it with one bar still showing. I haven't really missed having gears as isn't that what the motor is for? I have looked at the emu electric bikes where you have the motor on the front wheel and hub gears and a choice of batteries and the bike looks nice but and its a big but there is no option for a belt drive and I really do not want to go back to a chain after using a belt drive. I did contact emu about having the option for a belt drive but they were not really interested. Finally I did test ride the raleigh modus which is all singing and dancing but it wasn't fun to ride.

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
The TV advert for this bike seems to being pushed hard at the moment.
There are details within that advert that I disagree with,particularly the 30 mile range out of a 5Ah battery.
Has anyone on this forum seen a G-Tech in use. The extent of the TV ads would suggest that the bike should have been widely sold.
KudosDave
yes I have one for use when out in the motorhome. last trip was Weymouth to Dorchester and back, 18 miles, still had two bars left, so just over half charge used.
Barmouth to Dolgellau and back 20 miles mostly flat so used less than one bar.
Hayling island to Eastney Portsmouth and back, 30 miles, used two bars.
Its very light and a lot easier to be used as a non ebike than the giant full e.
It is so simple to use, only down side I have come across is very steep hills are a no go for the girlfriend due to lack of gears, but a small price to pay as a non e bike was too much of a hardship for Her, gears confuse Her and more than two power settings would see her in meltdown.
As I said it is so simple I can enjoy the ride as well, instead of having to try to think about gears and power settings for Her. Just get on and ride.