The Last Wisper Sneak Preview of the year. 12kg Road Bike

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Good point Woosh, we are very mindful of such pitfalls. That's why we are using high end branded parts though-out, such as the Shimano Ultegra R8070 Di2 Disc Groupset which can be bought at just under £1,400.00 from discounters, but retails normally at £2,000 plus. No cheap plastic parts there I trust.
no worries about Shimano parts, they have been tested millions of times. It's the electronics that is not so well tested. Things like battery casing, motor casing, the lugs on the battery cover when you remove the battery, cell welding failure, LCD broken, LCD cable that gets snagged. On my new road bike, there isn't a cable (electric) that is not routed inside.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Cables? What cables?

There! It can be done now get to it you lot! I cringe every time I see a factory made e-bike with brake cut offs...

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
But when you buy a Stromer you get a mechanic in the bike box! :)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
no worries about Shimano parts, they have been tested millions of times. It's the electronics that is not so well tested. Things like battery casing, motor casing, the lugs on the battery cover when you remove the battery, cell welding failure, LCD broken, LCD cable that gets snagged. On my new road bike, there isn't a cable (electric) that is not routed inside.
Thanks for your concern, but we are completely satisfied with the high quality of all components on this bike. Have a great weekend.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Good point Woosh, we are very mindful of such pitfalls. That's why we are using high end branded parts though-out, such as the Shimano Ultegra R8070 Di2 Disc Groupset which can be bought at just under £1,400.00 from discounters, but retails normally at £2,000 plus. No cheap plastic parts there I trust.
Do you offer a complete parts list online along with repair manuals.

Sourcing and fitting common bike components like gears and brakes is easy. Its frame specfic parts that are problem like suspension pivot point bearing kits, hangers etc and torque settings for installing them. Being able to buy these parts directly from Whisper means bike can be supported anywhere.

In my case sourcing Cube parts is easy, finding Cube part numbers is the hard part.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Trevor,

We already do that on our standard Wiper range, nearly 500 parts all available on line with 1,500 photographs of the parts to make certain the correct part is chosen. Currently this is only available to our dealers, but since you ask, there is no problem in opening this up to owners. I’ll have a look on Monday.

Parts for Wisper Pro bikes will be just as available.

Thanks for asking.

All the best, David

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thanks for your concern, but we are completely satisfied with the high quality of all components on this bike. Have a great weekend.
sorry if that post came through as critical, I felt forced to explain my reasoning. Of course it is a record breaking product and we should all feel proud of it and if anyone should lead such a project, you are the most qualified to do so among us.
Have a great weekend yourself. I am working today though.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
sorry if that post came through as critical, I felt forced to explain my reasoning. Of course it is a record breaking product and we should all feel proud of it and if anyone should lead such a project, you are the most qualified to do so among us.
Have a great weekend yourself. I am working today though.
That’s very kind of you, thank you. I too am working today, no rest for the wicked! :)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have 10 minutes to drink my tea. The customer is due back to collect his bike in 15. :(

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
The new bike looks good, although it is not without its competition.

Cube offer Fazua bikes for about the same price - the £4K one in the link is lower spec.

As with Wisper's eMTBs, Wisper seem to think the customer will pay as much for a Wisper bike as for one of the established premium brands.

Strikes me as a brave strategy.

https://www.evanscycles.com/cube-agree-hybrid-c-62-sl-disc-2018-electric-road-bike-EV318118
As the saying goes "Fortune favours the brave" and there is no doubt at all about Wispers bravery!

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Let’s take the analogy to cars.

Volvo was a traditional plodding company but with the purse of Geely they have moved their products into the premium sector.
Wisper, if it wants to expand, needs to move into other sectors with products as good or perhaps better than competitors with a competitive price point.

They have attacked the well established emtb market but on its own that will prove difficult. This “ambassador” product will showcase their intentions.

Follow this with state of the art “ordinary” bikes will see them elevated above their peers and pitch them against the bigger players.

Only problem may be advertising/ cash flow. But I’m not privy to those figures but assume David has crunched figures etc.

Wisper is proving its not sitting on their laurels but looking to grow.

Good luck.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Follow this with state of the art “ordinary” bikes will see them elevated above their peers and pitch them against the bigger players.
leading edge products are very perishable by their nature.
May be we should start another thread about where top Chinese producers are heading.

Last edited: