The new best headlight

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
heat build up i guess as with my pack on the 3x cree it does get hot fast if its inside but fine on the bike as got air flow over it.
I thought that it was just aesthetics at first. They do get quite hot on full beam and it seems like the the copper fins are heatsinks for cooling purposes.

DSC01017.JPG

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
plug it in to the wall socket and watch what happens :) it has to get rid of the heat some way and adding more power makes it hotter faster like a cpu with a heat sink over clocking it.

tho i cant dump ln2 over a bike light to cool it down running on 240v from a wall socket.:(

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Any know how you fit the light to the head strap, when I fit it it just points down,
I may order another one for my helmet or is there a better one out there for my head?

• Informative

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I've been using the light for week now, and have removed it in favour of going back to the Fenix BT20.

This is by no means a negative reflection upon the light, and my reason for switching back is simply because I prefer the softer yellowish beam of the Fenix.

Last edited:

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
I've ordered one unfortunately for UK delivery as I will be back there next weekend :(. Will test it then alongside my Hope 4, not expecting a replacement but something complimentary would be great.

D

Deleted member 4366

I've ordered one unfortunately for UK delivery as I will be back there next weekend :(. Will test it then alongside my Hope 4, not expecting a replacement but something complimentary would be great.
I think that it's going to exceed your expectations. It's a tenth of the price with the waterproof case and better light. Let us know what you think.

• Agree

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Ok so now I am somewhat enlightened but thoroughly confused.
I have a two led light that is allegedly 5000 lumens that seems OK but better is always good isn't it?
I see on line some with 3 Leds offering more light and some that seem better but rated less. Prices ranging from £7 to £25 ...
And it has to fit my battery pack..
Hence the confusion..

D

Deleted member 4366

It's good points are:
  • Small size
  • Looks good in daylight
  • Looks very cool with the blue LED ring
  • Very good beam - not too wide and not too narrow. Similar to a motorcycle headlight.
  • Low cost
  • Not too high power consumption.
Other lights are brighter or can exceed any one of those characteristics, but not all of them.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
not expecting a replacement but something complimentary would be great.
Complimentary.......as in free? :D

Free, or heavily discounted, is always good but I suspect you mean complementary in the sense that they might enhance or emphasise the qualities of each other?

I've never used the 'Bad Spelling' thingy before so I just thought I'd be pedantic and try it even though it's an easy mistake to make as those particular words are frequently misused, even by manufacturers, journalists and advertisers.

Tom

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
About £250, it might be marginally better than the £10 one, but £250? Who buys these things? Are they nuts?
Reply a: Germans
Reply b: Yes

It puts my £68.50 for a b+m set in perspective though.

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

14th to the bridge :confused: 32 units of cider and im slower lol:rolleyes:

• :D
Reactions: IR772 and LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015