soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

that is 5hrs and not even near 2.5v ;)

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

When they get to 3.1v, they're as good as empty. There's no point in running them down past that because you risk harming them.

• Informative
Reactions: VictoryV

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
You are going to be very popular with oncoming motorists with a beam like that! And if the oncoming motorist is a police car in hot water.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I'm not familiar with that light, but it looks like it features a 'barn-door' type shutter. This should let you adjust the beam cutoff to avoid blinding oncoming vehicles.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Daniel your the watts man explain that.
'Light power' is just a nonsense comparison with an old fashioned incandescent bulb - 125W equivalent.

'Actual power' is the actual electrical consumption.

15W / input voltage = current draw in amps.

Last edited:

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
So you can have watts or watts I learn something everyday.

I wonder what watts d8veh's light is?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ill get one of them motorbike lights and get a buck converter to up the voltage to 12v from my pack.

if its nor bright enough ill just add more power till it is ok or blow it.:D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Incandescent bulbs use electricity to heat the wire till its white hot.
Less than 10% of the energy is radiated as visible light.
Led lights use magic to do with quantum gaps electron levels etc that produce photons of light directly. It's a very high efficiency process. Can be over 80%. So one watt into an incandescent system makes a very small bucket of photons and a lot of heat.
One watt into an Led produces over 8 times as many photons and very little heat.

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Has anyone found an easy way to tap into the 36v of the Oxydrive system? I really wish there was an output port somewhere. The USB one on the battery is handy I guess but I would rather have a light socket, I hate having to strap my bangood pack to the frame and I have forgotton to do it once, which made me have to return home after 8 miles into my commute which made me late for work and angered me no end!

D

Deleted member 4366

You would have to splice the battery wires inside the controller compartment, then drill a hole in the cover to bring the wires out.

• Informative

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Thats what I hadn't hoped for. Do you know if the electronics are swimming in mastic on the OD kit? I know that some controllers are well sealed!

D

Deleted member 4366

The controller pcb is cast in jelly, but IIRC, the terminals or wires on the back of the battery connector are accessable.

• Informative

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Oxydrive controller pics.
DSCF0001.JPG DSCF0002.JPG

• Useful

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My light arrived today and the size and light out put is pretty well neat. The lighting functions are very good the left hand button for the front bezel in flashing mode is proabably enough in town to be seen at night without using the right button for more options OR yes there is more, press both buttons together and you get a very intense very bright pulsing light which is blinding.