This arrived today :)

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Funny you should mention tyres, it reminded me thats the other OE part on my bike! Shows how much mileage I have done in 9 years! They are Specialized Crossroad EX which are no longer available in the tread pattern I have but the current ones are of the same ilk, that being they use a central solid tread which rolls really well but have blocked sides for the sloppy stuff and are still 1.95 in width. I cant rate them highly enough for general use both on and of road. I did switch to road tyres (specialized nimbus) when I did the London to Brighton but they came off as soon as I got back as the Crossroads are so capable.

As for the bottle bracket, I had assumed that for the price it was going to be aluminium so was a bit dissappointed it was plastic. Its more than up to the job but at nearly 15 quid delivered I think its a bit steep for two small bits of moulded plastic. As I said though its a brilliant solution so its worth every penny in that respect.

ricoghardforth

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2014
Rotherham
Does any one know how much oxygen charge for a spare battery charge so I can keep one at work. Do I need to get an official oxygen charger or can I get a cheaper one else-ware. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 4366

You can use any 42v charger with a current of no more than 3 amps and the correct jack plug. The battery is the biggest part of the cost of the kit. It won't be cheap. It's the same as the Oxygen Emate MTB, so you can check with SYEBC, or hope that Anrew reduces the cost of his kits again next Xmas to get a whole kit for the same price as a battery.

ricoghardforth

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2014
Rotherham
You can use any 42v charger with a current of no more than 3 amps and the correct jack plug. The battery is the biggest part of the cost of the kit. It won't be cheap. It's the same as the Oxygen Emate MTB, so you can check with SYEBC, or hope that Anrew reduces the cost of his kits again next Xmas to get a whole kit for the same price as a battery.
It was just a charger I was after. I had to get my other half to drop my charger off at work today as I was running on empty this morning. I was sure I'd done a full charge a couple of weeks ago. Also having the charger plugged into the battery with the socket off over night wouldn't discharge the battery would it? I've got it plugged into a wifi socket but forgot to set timer last night.

Does this one look ok.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321534203713?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT