Thumb throttle installation help

Kudoinu

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 28, 2018
Also got it working

Used the self learning wire because the motor was spinning backwards at first. But now it seems like it's good and spins fine.

Kudoinu

Jul 28, 2018
I can confirm the bike now works and does what I wanted (granular throttle control) doesn't go over the speed limit either.

Gotta see if the battery indicator on the dash works ( I think it just reads the battery voltage ) it did drop down for a bit on the test run but gotta drive a bit more to see if it actually does work if not I'm just gonna buy a cheap voltage display.

Maybe I'm gonna look into installing the brake sensors. Cruise control also worked like a charm

Kudoinu

Jul 28, 2018
I'm now curious about the data lines in the battery though. Probably for temperature reading and such for the ECU?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I can confirm the bike now works and does what I wanted (granular throttle control) doesn't go over the speed limit either.

Gotta see if the battery indicator on the dash works ( I think it just reads the battery voltage ) it did drop down for a bit on the test run but gotta drive a bit more to see if it actually does work if not I'm just gonna buy a cheap voltage display.

Maybe I'm gonna look into installing the brake sensors. Cruise control also worked like a charm

You must disable the cruise control. It's dangerous enough with brake sensors, but you haven't got any.

Vidfare

Just Joined
Jan 6, 2021
Sweden
Hello!

I also have an ANANDA MC5-B0 controller with the same display as Kudoinu had and Bafang motor in the front wheel. I'm used to an Eco-Ride bike that has a perfect throttle, that I use to get started to ride, which is the most important thing for me.

The controller does not have a socket for hand throttle, but I got this one on Internet:

It seems to contain a hall sensor and when pressing the knob, a small bent rod without physical contact is pushed along next to the hall sensor (similar to a transistor with three connections).

I do not intend to change the controller, but wonder if there is anyone on the forum who can to suggest any of the cables for the desired function in addition to the throttles black minus and red plus? There are a lot to chose from :-()

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hello!

I also have an ANANDA MC5-B0 controller with the same display as Kudoinu had and Bafang motor in the front wheel. I'm used to an Eco-Ride bike that has a perfect throttle, that I use to get started to ride, which is the most important thing for me.

View attachment 40106

The controller does not have a socket for hand throttle, but I got this one on Internet:

It seems to contain a hall sensor and when pressing the knob, a small bent rod without physical contact is pushed along next to the hall sensor (similar to a transistor with three connections).

I do not intend to change the controller, but wonder if there is anyone on the forum who can to suggest any of the cables for the desired function in addition to the throttles black minus and red plus? There are a lot to chose from :-()
If there is no spare throttle connector then the controller isn't programmed or has the software for a throttle, it is the signal wire that activates the throttle use (the other two are simple 5v/Gnd using common ports usually) but if a small chip isn't in place that controls it use then no good. Controllers from the same brand but fitted to differing bike brands will also have differing controls.

For improvement a different controller with throttle input will be needed.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hello!

View attachment 40106

Earlier in the thread, it was all explained what you can and can't do. In your case, it's can't as far as that controller is concerned.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Some folks don't read thread's properly Dave, so they have to be told a second or third time.

Vidfare

Just Joined
Jan 6, 2021
Sweden
Thanks for the reply.

Some folks cannot help having to leave completely unnecessary comments.

I have read the whole thread of course, but had a hope that someone in six months had come up with an alternative solution. Although everything is primarily controlled by digital technology, the energy finally must be managed by analog circuits, which are controlled by weak DC voltages. It is as I see it, it is the matter of finding the right place to connect a voltage from the throttle.

I will continue searching. Thanks for now!

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Thanks for the reply.

I have read the whole thread of course, but had a hope that someone in six months had come up with an alternative solution. Although everything is primarily controlled by digital technology, the energy finally must be managed by analog circuits, which are controlled by weak DC voltages. It is as I see it, it is the matter of finding the right place to connect a voltage from the throttle.

View attachment 40131
Good luck searching.

I'm sure that's not the one, it looks more like that chip they have been inserting into people via the vaccines.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thanks for the reply.

View attachment 40131
You should apologise to Neal. He was right, as you've just demonstrated. Read again and ask if there's something you don't understand.

Vidfare

Just Joined
Jan 6, 2021
Sweden
OK, I apologize to all forum participants who may have been upset about my stupid question.

Bye for now!