Torque Arm fastener help

C

Cyclezee

Hi, yes they are still available but I would prefer them to give non trade members a chance, but if no one else want's them in the next 24 hours they are are yours and I will send PayPal payment details.

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I understand. It's for our workshop.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Have taken pics as asked I have found on line W2 MIKALOR Stainless Super Heavy Duty Hose Clamp was thinking of using such clamp on the torque arm extension slot as it would seem a lot more robust than the clip that came with the fittings it is beveled so less digging in or damage to the forks
OK. From your photo's, you can do exactly what I did.
Here's the original post that D8veh sent regarding this:

I would make a piece like this out of 2mm steel sheet. Bend the two tabs over to trap them between the caliper mount posts and the adapter. It'll be in tension, which means it doesn't have to be thick. Fix the torque arm to the hole at the bottom.

However, be aware that you may need to put a bigger disc on to stop the brake caliper fouling the hub motor. This is why my caliper has the extra mounting bracket for the caliper. If you have to do this you simply make the horizontal arms of the F a bit longer, then bend them to suit. I got my local mechanic/car body fixer to make mine out of the plate he uses for welding.

You can see the conversion process here:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/converting-a-carrera-crossfire3.21965/