Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
looks stunningly like the Mxus with torque sensor but we can't se the other side... ;)

Or is it Xofo??? One or the other does a torque sensor mid-drive.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
$50 cheaper on the 40 thieves site. Xmax made one.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
d8veh save us you must know! I find it very expensive even with a torque sensor and internal controller... yuck.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Doesn't show it on BMSB but the 40 thieves views shows the chain ring fitted via a separate 5 hole spider, doesn't give a BCD but there may be a possibility of retro- fitting a double chain ring.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
bmsbattery quoted 80NM max. for their CD motor.
That's equivalent to BBS01 programmed for 18A.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
yes but it doesnt realle mean anything in reality what the producers claim. i read another lace the bbs 250w was 55nm.forexample the brose is 90 nm but the bosch performance is 60nm but still the strongest climber

Reactions: mechaniker

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
on CD kits, it's the current that counts. 25A beats 18A beats 15A.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
What's the torque sensor system all about? Is it where you have to put pressure on the pedals and the faster you pedal the more power the motor gives?
I only use PAS and sometimes like to just spin my pedals and let the motor kick in and pull me along, would this torque sensor system be any good for doing that?

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
What's the torque sensor system all about? Is it where you have to put pressure on the pedals and the faster you pedal the more power the motor gives?
I only use PAS and sometimes like to just spin my pedals and let the motor kick in and pull me along, would this torque sensor system be any good for me?
No, I'm guessing you would dislike it. Torque sensor measures how hard you are pushing, and gives more power the harder you push. It's sort of opposite to PAS.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Another upside of TS is range is improved if you are willing to peddle a lot , it is more of a natural riding effort.

AndrewJ

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2013
I purchased that motor last year but only installed it this year on my velomobile; works well, however on turning the cranks it makes a squeaky noise; if I turn the cranks backwards there is no noise so have removed that variable. Would really like to solve the squeakiness...the other issue is that after lengthening the cable (as it's a recumbent) I have to turn off the battery and turn it on again, as otherwise when the display falls asleep the power button won't turn it back on. The other nuisance is that I need to plug the display in direct to the battery USB port; likely these issues occurred after lengthening various wires...On the plus side, the torque sensor works well and it's not too heavy. It can take two chainrings, though I have to adjust/bend my front derailleur post which I haven't got round to doing yet (quite different to normal upright bikes and requires me removing the motor). I use the bike for work so can't have it out of action for long.

motomech

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 19, 2016
Tucson Az.
A member over @ E.S.(flangefrog) has one of those new "torque drives" on order.
If one looks closely , there is a link to a video on the info page;

there are also some new products *Torque drive, wireless pressure pedals) listed here;

http://www.sempu.net/goods/4.htm

A few folks have tried to contact vendor, without success so far.