Two new Woosh bikes are on the way

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
remember im not a dealer so i am not trying to sell you anything but those bikes from whoosh wont last 5 mins with the mileage you want to do same as ur other bikes.

ur just pissing more money down the drain with those sort of bikes there not fit for the purpose you want it for.;)

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
remember im not a dealer so i am not trying to sell you anything but those bikes from whoosh wont last 5 mins with the mileage you want to do same as ur other bikes.

ur just pissing more money down the drain with those sort of bikes there not fit for the purpose you want it for.;)
I appreciate what you're saying but with woosh offer of 6 months sale or return i cant ignore that?
That's putting your money where your mouth is surely?

Sent from my BUSH SPIRA D3 5 using Tapatalk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it is up to you but given what you want from the bike ask for 2 years or your money back, it wont last that long.

or if they are giving it you for 6 months then want paying for it after that then prove me wrong ;)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
SW, the proposed deal for AB is of mutual interest, he wants a good bike butt his confidence has been dented, I wanted to know how well the Rio would cope with a harsh life. I can't offer everyone such a deal.
This said, IMHO, geared hub motors are the best choice overall for commuting because they weigh less than direct drives and last as long.
They also don't stress and strain the transmission like crank drives.
This is where it pays to keep things simple.
Also, as I said before, air forks are not as reliable and maintenance free as coil spring forks to pile in the miles. The RST Omega TNL is one of the best coil spring forks in the market, a better fork than the similarly priced SR XCM, XCR and NEX. I chose it because it is nearly as light as air forks and have larger 30mm stanchions.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
One other thing I was wondering, but kind of hard to describe.

The gear levers.
What are they like on the Oxygen and Rio?
I think the gear shifter on your bike is the Shimano Tourney SIS. The Rio and the Oxygen are fitted with Shimano Rapidfire shifter, two levers sited below the grips.

• Informative
Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Forks: Rockshox SID Team dual air suspension forks with 100mm of buttery smooth travel (serviced with new fluid and seals).

SW, to make a point about coil spring versus air, how many miles did the previous owner do before he/she had to service the Rockshox fork?

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
it is up to you but given what you want from the bike ask for 2 years or your money back, it wont last that long.

or if they are giving it you for 6 months then want paying for it after that then prove me wrong ;)
I think that's asking just a bit too much ;)

In all honesty, it would be great to buy a bike that would last a lifetime...or a few years at least, but given the high mileage, I'd be happy if it lasted a year without spending 2 weeks every 3 months off the road.

I would budget for the upfront cost of the bike over one year, and see it as a regular running cost....be that by CV2W, credit card, putting back savings etc
At the end of a year, I would retire it to a back up bike, and so the circle continues. If it lasted longer, then great...a few months or more cost free.

A year would take most things out of their warranty period too.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing and Woosh

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Seems the Woosh deal could be right for you. If after a few months there's been loads of problems like your last bike. Then you can send it back for refund. If it's off the road more than in in the first few weeks. Back it goes. But if however it's reliable in those first 6 months you will know it's 100 times better than the last one. And will be happy to keep it for that price.

And it's on budget too.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
SW, as percentage of bike weight, air fork 1.5kgs, about 10% of bike weight. As I said, the RST Omega is lighter than similarly priced forks like the Suntour XCM, XCR and Nex, 2.2kg, still 10% of the Rio's weight. The Omega fork has 100mm travel and preload adjust to suit your weight and riding style and lockout. It has 30mm stanchions, stiffer than the average.
Practcally requires no maintenance, simple to adjust, it's perfect for a commuting bike.

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rst-omega-tnl-26-mtb-suspension-fork/aid:340520]

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if i had those forks they would be in the bin after 1 day of the forest runs as there not built for it waight is not the problem its what there made of thus why there cheap.

if i took that fork in to my lbs they would not even service them as they would say there junk.
http://www.noahsark.co.uk/bike-service-in-gloucestershire-i51

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
if i had those forks they would be in the bin after 1 day of the forest runs
that's not what the Rio is built for, is it?
The Rio is built for low maintenance, SW. that you don't have to take it to the bike shop in the first place.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no there for a granny bike ;)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
no there for a granny bike ;)
The Rio is a work horse.
A nice, little demanding, reliable transport.
You want to compare it to expensive toys which this bike is not.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I must point out that my really cheap Woosh Gale folder has stood up to all sorts of terrible abuse.
Perhaps being built cheap and solid rather than expensive and needing regular overhaul is better for the casual rider?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is the Rio supplied with cable ties ?
we usually leave some small cable ties and a small collection of tools in a toolbag. The toolbag is then placed inside the battery charger carton.
The carton is then strapped to the rear rack carrier.
Honest, it's how it's done.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
I cant tell from the photo of the Rio, but are there holes/mounts for fitting a pannier rack to the bike?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • Informative

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Ok, thanks.
Not sure I would trust the first one to carry what I need.
Just searched for that Thule one...its worth more than my bike ;)

Reason I ask is its getting to the time of year where rucksack causes sweaty back. Made the mistake of swapping from pannier bags on the rack to rucksack on the back at the beginning of winter, thinking the rucksack was designed as a no sweat one.
Sold the expensive ortlieb bags...was thinking of repalcing them but no point if no rack on next bike