May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Leaving Tianjin port this week:

The new Woosh Rio mtb:

GXP bottom bracket
Ounce 245 forged alloy crankset
8-speed with Rapid Fire shifter
13AH semi-hidden battery. Range about 40 miles.
Bafang SWX02 rear geared hub motor. High torque.
Magnesium RST Omega fork. Lightweight.
Hydraulic brakes front and rear, 180mm rotors. Powerful and progressive.
5-level LCD.
Thumb throttle.
Puncture resist tyres.
Mudguards, lights, bell. Soft grips.
Introductory price: £1,049.

The new Woosh Rio-FB (Fatboy):

Prowheel crankset
13AH HL battery. Range about 40 miles. Optional 15AH and 17AH.
Bafang G06 fat bike rear geared hub motor. High torque.
5-level LCD.
Thumb throttle.
3" semi-fat tyres, suitable for made roads as well as unmade roads.
Introductory price: £999.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I'd like the fat boy, I'm getting that way myself.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Thanks Woosh.
I know you cant comment on what I was getting at, probably not thee place to ask the question....but 10% would take it up to 17ish so not too far off where Id be hoping to get

I like both bikes, although maybe a combination of the two would suit me.
The narrower tyres of the MTB, but the higher capacity battery option, and probably some really long mudguards.

Reactions: LeighPing

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The narrower tyres of the MTB, but the higher capacity battery option, and probably some really long mudguards.
we have already bikes with narrower tyres, higher capacity HL battery and long mudguards (Bali, Bermuda, Karoo).
The Rio bikes are orientated toward going off-roads, hence the more capable suspension fork on the Rio MTB or large tyres on the Fatboy. The Rio MTB is meant to be lightweight and efficient, you can lock the fork and stomp as much as you like on the cranks, the GXP bottom bracket is wider than others and constructed to take all your weight on the pedals without torsional problem.
the Fatboy is meant to be just.. fat and fun. It'll go anywhere.

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
Seen that Fatboy in the flesh, in the window of 'Woosh cycles in Southend, have to say it looks impressive, tho' wouldn't be for me, I little need for a fashionable lifestyle choice.
Looks the biz , though.

• Informative

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
I like the look of the Fatboy and great to see the option of the large battery.

Could you please tell me the wheel size and does the throttle work all the way to the cut off or is it only for walking speed.

I realise it's not going to be lightweight with those comfy fat tyres and the long range 17AH battery, but do you know it's weight?

• Useful

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Fatboy's wheel size: 26"
Fatboy weighs 24.5kgs-25kgs depending how much air you put in the tyres and the tyres. The 3" tyres are lighter.
The 13AH battery is a the lightest (a bit under 3kgs), the 17AH heaviest (a bit over 3kgs) - there is not much difference.
Fatboy's throttle: you can run at full speed on throttle but you need to pedal a little bit (about half a turn) to activate the throttle.

Reactions: Kenny

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
I've not heard of the G06 motor before. How does it compare with the BPM motor as found on the Big Bear in terms of its power and torque?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello John,
Did you get the controller I posted yesterday?
The Bafang RM G06 has same power and torque, between the SWX02 and the BPM, but a bit lighter than the BPM and is made for fat bikes (wider dropout 170mm-175mm instead of 135mm for normal bikes).

Last edited:

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Good to see the central battery mounting. It looks right, and it puts the weight in the right place. Now, if the Big Bear LS had its battery where the original Santana battery was mounted, you would be on the right road! If you study all the expensive German offerings, they have central batteries. I remember an elderly ex-naval bod saying me, 'If it looks right, it usually is right', with regards to engineering. There are some really good bikes on the market, but I have not found one that has everything I want. I'm just fussy, I suppose.

• :D

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Chainring,
yes, that's slow progress. Hopefully the Rio MTB will find favour with customers who look for a 100% secure attachment for the battery while keeping the electrics fairly stealthy.

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hello Chainring,
yes, that's slow progress. Hopefully the Rio MTB will find favour with customers who look for a 100% secure attachment for the battery while keeping the electrics fairly stealthy.
For the first time ever, a cyclist came alongside me to talk, just a couple of days ago. (We were on a closed bus route). He asked about my bike, with no rude comments, and told me he had built his, but the deep rims caught the wind! I do not want a 'stealthy' electric bike - I am not ashamed! I have changed my job, and I am doing more miles, something I could never manage at my age with my joints, without an electric bike. It has a big silver battery, and a big silver motor, and it's good that people learn about them.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Chainring,

I am not at all ashamed of showing that the bike is electric, it's more about esthetics, secure attachment and not attracting the wrong sort of attention.

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hello Chainring,

I am not at all ashamed of showing that the bike is electric, it's more about esthetics, secure attachment and not attracting the wrong sort of attention.
Sorry, no offence! I've got a habit of saying the wrong thing, and emails just aren't the same as speaking face to face. I will still recommend Woosh for the service I received when I bought mine, and will keep watching your range.

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
thank you for your support :)

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hello Chainring,
I have definitely liked, agreed and found this informative.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Leaving Tianjin port this week:

The new Woosh Rio mtb:

GXP bottom bracket
Ounce 245 forged alloy crankset
13AH semi-hidden battery. Range about 40 miles.
Bafang SWX02 rear geared hub motor. High torque.
Magnesium RST Omega fork. Lightweight.
5-level LCD.
Thumb throttle.
Puncture resist tyres.
Introductory price: £1,049.

The new Woosh Rio-FB (Fatboy):

Prowheel crankset
13AH HL battery. Range about 40 miles. Optional 15AH and 17AH.
Bafang G06 fat bike rear geared hub motor. High torque.
5-level LCD.
Thumb throttle.
3" semi-fat tyres, suitable for made roads as well as unmade roads.
Introductory price: £999.

If you have any questions, just ask.
You've said it all, what else is there left to ask? I think Woosh that you are taking the "P"