Update on Funkylyn

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Wanted to pass on some really great news about Lynda, see below. She's feeling understandably tired having just got out of hospital after an exhausting few weeks, but is now back home. I messaged her earlier to say we all missed her at Redbridge and passed on everyone's best wishes. She's happy for me to post this update, some snippets from her message to me, until she feels up to posting again herself:

"I have just got out of hospital on Friday after the hardest 6 weeks of my life, I got every complication going and was very ill in Intensive care for 8 days..I'm still very weak but it's great to be home, I just need to be patient !!
The good news is that they got it all out and I don't need any further treatment. The anaesthetic was fine I had a lovely lady who totally put me at my ease...

(Redbridge) I was thinking of you all having fun and wishing I was there.

I went to Ireland before my op and loved it I drove right up the wild atlantic way coast and felt fit and well when I got back, the dogs loved the deserted beaches. Really beautiful country.

Hopefully I will be feeling stronger soon and maybe eventually be able to start cycling again, at the moment I can only get upstairs on my hands and knees !I feel like a new bike might be on the cards to celebrate eventually !"

We're all relieved and so very pleased to hear you're on the mend now Lynda. Feet up for now though x

steve.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2011
Exeter Devon
Hi Lynda.Sorry to hear about you not being well but very glad to hear your getting better I knew nothing about it as not been on here for a while but I'm very very pleased its good news for you.take care and hopefully you will get back to Spain soon.
Best wishes Steve.x :) :cool:

Reactions: funkylyn

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Lynda my darling get better very very soon but only on one condition, since you have been away I have been getting all of the attention on here from left right and centre.

Now Lynda , if you are planning to be all chirpy when you come back and naturally magnetising all of the attention back to you, I'm leaving on that first jet plain and I don't know when I'll be back again. So think smart. I do love you but I may end up hating you. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We miss you gorgeous Lynda.

MS.

C

Cyclezee

I know Lynda quite well and also what a difficult time she has been through over the last year, but Lynda is a fighter and does not give in easily.

I am sure that she will be happy to know that their is so much love, support from her many friends and that this will help speed her recovery.

You can't keep a Geordie Lass down for long;)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Lynda

I miss you sooo much and all our chats about project Court Barton.
It was a good day Sunday and we all chatted about you for a while - you would have enjoyed it. and we all wished you could have been there.
But hey, next year will be even better and you'll be star of the show, I bet..
In the meantime take it easy.

Xxxxxxxxx Hatti

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Good luck Lynda and hope you have a quick recovery!

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Thanks everyone for your kind wishes it really means a lot to me.
As for you John and your Red Bull mates.....well.....they havent much else to do trailing behind Mercedes like they are (sunday was a rosberg inspired fluke ) I think theyve maybe given up......they certainly should......and anyway, Mercedes and Lewis sent me flowers !! ;)

Reactions: steve.c

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Good to see a Lynda post again.

What you've been through will take some getting over, so don't underestimate recovery time or do too much in the meanwhile - other than entertain us on here.

Regards,

Rob.

PS Let me know when you are striking out on the bike again because I'm guessing we are now only about 10 miles apart.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
sunday was a rosberg inspired fluke
Inspired won't have been one of the words Mercedes management will have used in their post race private meeting with Rosberg, they were clearly furious with him. If mood means anything Lewis will have a better chance of closing the points gap the weekend after next.

Keep that recovery going strongly Lynda, we all really miss you in the forum and look forward to your eventual full return. :)

C

Cyclezee

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes it really means a lot to me.
As for you John and your Red Bull mates.....well.....they havent much else to do trailing behind Mercedes like they are (sunday was a rosberg inspired fluke ) I think theyve maybe given up......they certainly should......and anyway, Mercedes and Lewis sent me flowers !! ;)
Hi Lynda,

I thought that would get you going:D

Don't think for a minute that Mercedes is going to have it all their way, the cracks are starting to show.
Danny Ricciardo is having an amazing season and there is still a long way to go to the end, so don't right off Red Bull too soon.

On another topic, who would have thought that our lowly MK Dons would thrash Manchester United last night by 4 goals to nil:eek:

It's a bit like MK based Red Bull v Mercedes, 4 World Championships to nil:)

Reactions: funkylyn and ajb9

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Yep.......you always do know how to get me going.............
In the meantime congrats to your MKDons I saw it on the news this morning.
Im happy to see Ricciardo have an occasional win.....if only cos its rubbing Vettels supercilious nose in it :)
However, theres no doubt Mercedes have this championship in the bag.......so just lie back, think of england, and enjoy it.... maybe even with a nice ice cream........ ;)

C

Cyclezee

Yep.......you always do know how to get me going.............
In the meantime congrats to your MKDons I saw it on the news this morning.
Im happy to see Ricciardo have an occasional win.....if only cos its rubbing Vettels supercilious nose in it :)
However, theres no doubt Mercedes have this championship in the bag.......so just lie back, think of england, and enjoy it.... maybe even with a nice ice cream........ ;)
I guess the anaesthetic hasn't worn off yet:rolleyes: