Update on the Atmosphere Electric Bike Festival - Bristol June 10th

Atmosphere

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Bristol
www.electricbikes.org.uk
Things have been moving on with the Festival so I thought it would be good to keep you all updated with what is going on

Atmosphere Electric Bike Festival - Bristol

One great bit of news is that we have just secured a massive Solar Powered truck for running all the electrics for the event - PA, music and recharge area

Manufacturers who have so far committed to coming are :

Batribike
BH Emotion
Byocycles
Conv-e
Hero Eco
KTM
Kudos
Oxygen
Pedego
Raleigh
Smarta
Wisper
3 Electric

and there are several more who have said they are coming but not confirmed yet

There is also Lynda and the Cycle Charge people coming so a great place to meet up with other pedelec people

Will update as we go

Be great to see you all

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Well, I am certainly looking forward to it.....not that I suppose I will get to see much, being busy manning the CycleCharge stand, but I will enjoy soaking up the 'atmosphere'.......just hope it isnt rain we will be soaking up :)

Wish it had been today....or maybe today might have been too hot :cool:

Lynda :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
......just hope it isn't rain we will be soaking up :)
Met Office UK forecast for the period around the 10th June is that most areas will be rather changeable with periods of showers or longer spells of rain interspersed with drier and brighter interludes. Hopefully the 10th will see one of the brighter interludes.

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Tony where did you see the above forecast please? as my daughters 21st Hawaiian themed BBQ and cocktail party on the Saturday the 9th...I can only see a 10 day forecast, and Met UK only 5....

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Eddie, the latest Met Office site is a nightmare, they've "improved" it making it terrible to find anything. Basically it's a matter of finding the way to the UK forecast page on which there is a longer term selection of tabs, the Day 6-15 and Day 16 to 30 bridging the 10th June in the middle.

To save you searching, here's the page link where you can view those tabs halfway down on the right.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
your not kidding..I'll think I'll wait for usual 10 day one to catch up...Party happening anyway either inside or out!

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
The odds of a 10 day forecast being any where near 100% right are pretty much zero. Even a 24 hour one is not much better than a educated guess. Problem is they are forecasting the average most likely out come over a pretty large area when in reality 10 miles can make massive differences to the weather. e.g. 50% chance of rain means on 50% of area forecast is for it will be raining. This does not even take into account micro climates that exist in certain areas. The longer into to future it goes the less accurate it is.

The only 100% reliable forecast is to look out the window :)

Here hoping everyone get the weather that want

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I have paid good money for sun and warm on the 10th - and will accept nothing less.

Latest fee was sacrifice 5 virgins - and I am looking hard
A tough call in Bristol........E bikers are a hardy lot, they have to be in UK:p

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
I have paid good money for sun and warm on the 10th - and will accept nothing less.

Latest fee was sacrifice 5 virgins - and I am looking hard

Glad to hear you are enjoying your work Alistair.....its a hard job....but someone has to do it :D

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Thanks for your encouragement David - any advice on my task will always be welcome :cool:
Time to stop concentrating on the more 'interesting' part of your work Alistair and tell me if there will be any strong men around at 10.30 to help me erect my gazebo ? :D

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
My pleasure sir!

Unfortunately I drew the short straw and will be stuck in London on the London E-Bike Fest event for both Saturday and Sunday so will not be able to attend the Bristol gig.

All bikes that are available for testing in London will also be at the Bristol day too. I believe for e-bike buffs, the Bristol event will be the one to go for. There is much more going on and I have a feeling there will be substantial queues for test rides at the London event simply due to the numbers already attending the Green Fair.

Of course I would be pleased to welcome anyone to the London event if you would like to try a Wisper or any of the other models there. If you are a Pedelec member and there are queues please find me and we will get you on a bike ASAP.

Good luck with the event Alastair, I know how much hard work has gone into the arrangements!

All the best

David