Update on the Atmosphere Electric Bike Festival - Bristol June 10th

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Thanks for your encouragement David - any advice on my task will always be welcome :cool:
Just put two and two together and actually made four.

Long time no speak Al. Completely forgot you had moved into bikes from kites

Yes im that GaRRy :)

Atmosphere

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Bristol
www.electricbikes.org.uk
Its that GaRRy - hello there - hope to catch up with you soon matey

Lynda - we have a team of helpers to help move stuff around , tents etc but to get free parking you will have to arrive earlier. If you send me your email I can send you the full exhibitor pack with all the details you could ever need.

Dont forget to let other Pedelec Forum members that you are going and why not meet up at Lynda's tent ??

Thanks for all the good wishes I have had from you - this is something new and , as always, its far more work than was ever envisaged but I really did feel we as an electric bike world needed to have an event this year.
Sorry the date has clashed with London David - but its all we could get.

Can I put a call out for ALL Ebikers that are coming to the event to have your bikes revved up and ready for 3.30 when we are holding a MASS ASCENT up Park Street - a chance for you to join in and for those that like Fancy Dress , a prize for the best !

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Sorry the date has clashed with London David - but its all we could get.
No problems at all Alastair, there are 60 million people in the UK, we all at BEBA still have a lot of work to do. As far as I am concerned, the more e-bike events going on the better. However 2 in any one weekend is probably enough for us smaller companies to cope with!

All the best

David

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
It has to be the most fun you can have on a bike as I discovered last year when I participated along with Wai Won Ching, A.K.A. Chief eZee Power:cool:

Really ........is it ?? ........ ROFLOL.........why dont you show us all more pics from your album of the world naked bike ride london 2011...........:cool:

Lynda :)

C

Cyclezee

Really ........is it ?? ........ ROFLOL.........why dont you show us all more pics from your album of the world naked bike ride london 2011...........:cool:

Are you trying to get me banned Lynda:eek:

Anyway, see you there next year;)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Are you trying to get me banned Lynda:eek:
No John...of course not....there may be one or two that I would like to ban ( but only occasionally....I DO have a sense of humour LOL ) ..... but ......you know you're not one of them :D

Atmosphere

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Bristol
www.electricbikes.org.uk
Back on subject for a minute .....

are testing the PA for the event today - a little thing I have which is 1km length of speakers. Hope that it keeps everyone entertained on the day :cool:

.......OK - talk amongst yourselves again now :D

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
There has been mention of a secure area for bike testing. Which road is this?

Can we use Park Street not only for the race which has been announced but also for test rides on different bikes throughout the event? Park Street appears to have nearly 200m at 10%. It could be better than Redbridge if there are not traffic or other considerations to prevent this use.

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
.......OK - talk amongst yourselves again now :D

LOL......ok...on subject...did you get my PM Alistair about the exhibitor pack details ?

Things all under control here in CycleCharge land......gazebo bought, leaflets en route etc etc

Could do with a few more offers of help for an hour or so though on the day and remember our gazebo can be the pedelecs meeting point so dont forget to call by and say hello :cool:

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
This sounds like a fabulous event, I hope it is a great success

Best Wishes

Jason

Atmosphere

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Bristol
www.electricbikes.org.uk
There has been mention of a secure area for bike testing. Which road is this?

Can we use Park Street not only for the race which has been announced but also for test rides on different bikes throughout the event? Park Street appears to have nearly 200m at 10%. It could be better than Redbridge if there are not traffic or other considerations to prevent this use.
Park St is closed off and will only be used for the Race which is for registered manufacturers and their riders. We have an amazing Trophy for the winner (more to follow on this)
We cannot use Park St for demo rides due to the numbers expected. The demo ride area is up a secure ramped area that will give members of the public the feel of how an ebike actually works.

Lynda - pack all sent to you, CycleCharge all booked in

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Thanks Alistair....pack received......will I be on grass (hopefully, gazebo poles in mind ) ? :)

I bet if you werent so busy/harassed lol, you would be getting really excited by now :D

This is going to be an amazing event and hopefully very well supported and becoming an annual event in our e-bike world.

Atmosphere

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Bristol
www.electricbikes.org.uk
Can all of you coming with your own electric bikes please be available for 3.30 (we will announce it on the day as well to remind you)

We are going to try a MASS ASCENT of the Park Street hill - and looking to get 1- 200 electric bikes all in a mass. This will make a great news item so dont forget your make up - and if any of you want to go for fancy dress we will have prize for the best

Lets show the world what electric bikes can do - and that we are ready to take on the roads

(ermmm - does that sound political ?? :confused: - ;) )

See you there

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Looking forward to it......hope your sacrifices worked and the weather is kind :D

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
just had confirmation we have BBC camera team on site so even going to have a bath tonight !!

What is soap for ?
Woah......steady on Alistair......a BATH ?
Have you not been wet enough the last few days ????? :D

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
Best of luck everyone ... wish I could be there! I really did consider coming to Bristol.

Anyway, best wishes for a very successful day ... !

Don

PS It's bl**dy hot here in Cannes!:cool::cool::cool: