voodoo zobop conversion bbs02

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Just had a quick spin :rolleyes: permeant grin on face surprised how much power the bbs02 pulls now its been on the laptop ,and how much the lekkie 42 lowers the overall gears
It seems to have been worth the trouble:mad: :oops::eek::confused: and the aspirin battery is a tight fit but comes off ok might have to order a second battery as only 14 ah:)

Reactions: lyme

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
This build has taxed the brain cells to the limit:mad: but it did not need the angle grinder or the four pound hammer RESULT:rolleyes:
The problem was the +or- 5mm tolerance on the planned triangle battery it turned out to be just 3mm to big even though I measured twice and made cardboard template I did not allow for suspension compression:confused:

if all the bits arrived on time it would not be hard to duplicate and complete quickly less than a days work

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The big question a second battery or get jimmy to do a custom build with the
20700 cells forced into the 90x90mm hailong case ?

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
The big question a second battery or get jimmy to do a custom build with the
20700 cells forced into the 90x90mm hailong case ?
Try and keep the case mate it looks good and tidy..looks like I'm Gona have to AV a go on this one...have you sold the carrera.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
This was worth the extra effort:) ride is superb and its light weight more than enough power for me still pulls well must be the bling ring:D
the Carrera is sill in the garage as I would not go to Manchester to deliver it for nothing o_Oor take a I phone or I pad in exchange o_O had over 1200 page views lots of watchers and phone calls texts etc and the how fast questions:mad:
OPEN TO SERIOUS OFFERS ON IT

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The triangle is a no go size tolerance lost in translation English to german gave the exact size there working tolerance +or- 5mm my fault its turned out better with the small battery

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Went down to the woods to day and got a big surprise:D the 500watt motor has so much more raw torque than my other bike, it sailed up with far lower effort ,its on the side of old gravel pit so they are steep used to ride my Bultaco 250cc Sherpa t over the same route 30 odd years ago this felt faster and more nimble :) I did not need the throttle at all:eek: finished with a ride along the river valley
The throttle can be removed the display is going fitting an egg rider 2 even got 17 miles out of one battery:D

Last edited:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Its done second battery arrived today;) egg rider 2 on :rolleyes:dropper seat post on way the bars look empty without a display had to turn the display backlight on not great in the sun:cool: but not a problem no time to look down its a bit of handful:oops:

dbar

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2013
Nice stickers, they really make the bike. Where did you get them or are they a custom job.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The finishing touch got black on order;) £3.95 a sheet A4 on ebay from the vinyl cut decals 2015:) various colours and different brands in the cycling section just searched decals they came up first

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Normal service has resumed the egg rider 2 is removed not without a fight and its been on the laptop shoved it in the back of the car and went for a quick blast :D:D all is forgiven

Unseen

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2016
Manchester, UK
The question is, what are you going to build next.... Once you’ve given the zobop a thorough thrashing! Gorgeous bike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
It is bonkers up at first light and out in the rain:D:D:D;):rolleyes: now got to clean it my new decals might even glow in the dark:oops:
now just have to move to the mountains

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
It is bonkers up at first light and out in the rain:D:D:D;):rolleyes: now got to clean it my new decals might even glow in the dark:oops:
now just have to move to the mountains
Very nice, you might have cost me some money... when my wife ask why I'm building another ebike I shall say, blame that Peter.c

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh