voodoo zobop conversion bbs02

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
why stop at one:D:eek: remember to hide the paper trail get to the letter box first:rolleyes:

when I sit down and look at the on going build I doubt it will ever be finished

Must have used two packs of cable ties the only thing I do not like is the loom and plugs , after 40 odd years of working with wires I know I can drill two holes and hide the wire in the tube but it still leaves the birds nest at the bar end even if I cut the plugs and solder and shrink wrap it still will not look
factory

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Why strive for factory finish? It's a conversion that performs better than any factory built bike for a fraction of the money. Sure make it as neat as possible, but you can't have it all.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Its a work thing just hate cable ties just found some pads that will help tidy it you need to see my credit card spend on this one ouch:oops: but agree probably would have to spend double to get this and it is 2 kilo lighter :)

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I'm the same with cable ties, not pretty in abundance. you have a frame which isn't easy to match on the cable tie colour chart which dosn't help.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I can get ties in the colour no problem they even glow in the dark
black is just a contrast colour once I bond the pads on the ties will not have to wrap round the tube

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
I can get ties in the colour no problem they even glow in the dark
black is just a contrast colour once I bond the pads on the ties will not have to wrap round the tube
I like to run all cables along brake or gear cables that way it don't look much different as there are already cables there...

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The onward march of progress the woods and pit have just been sold for more posh new houses ,an offer the owner could no longer resist£££££££ no more access allowed:(:( so with no alternative local place to ride due to plods operation sacrifice against motor bikes and quads etc and section 59 has put paid to that:mad:
IT IS FOR SALE CONTACT ME FOR DETAILS IMG_20180917_191749.jpg IMG_20180917_191956.jpg

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
The onward march of progress the woods and pit have just been sold for more posh new houses ,an offer the owner could no longer resist£££££££ no more access allowed:(:( so with no alternative local place to ride due to plods operation sacrifice against motor bikes and quads etc and section 59 has put paid to that:mad:
IT IS FOR SALE CONTACT ME FOR DETAILS View attachment 26831 View attachment 26832
Do u ever keep a bike you build? Lol

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
IMG_20180803_172956.jpg Yes I still have the first one I built ride it most days have even stopped tweaking it:D I do not want to part with the zobop but just had bad news that following the sale of the land I can use and with the section 59 in the local area no local farmer land owner will give permission to ride :mad:

Nicholas Hammond

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2018
why stop at one:D:eek: remember to hide the paper trail get to the letter box first:rolleyes:

when I sit down and look at the on going build I doubt it will ever be finished

Must have used two packs of cable ties the only thing I do not like is the loom and plugs , after 40 odd years of working with wires I know I can drill two holes and hide the wire in the tube but it still leaves the birds nest at the bar end even if I cut the plugs and solder and shrink wrap it still will not look
factory

Nicholas Hammond

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2018
I have the same dislike of messy wiring and cables, the best I could come up with was a project box beneath the display, still a tight fit but managed to hide all but one of the connectors. Turned up some rigid alloy pillars which go inside the box to keep it all together.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: peter.c and Woosh

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
A battery is the only item that you cannot cut corners on ,you get what you pay for :eek: unless you build your own.:rolleyes:
I now have two packs from Insat/ jimmy with GA cells you very quickly forget the extra cost and enjoy the extended range.:D
THE ONLY THING I WOULD CHANGE IS TO MOVE TO 48 VOLT SET UP