Wanted: Looking for fast eBike

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
I think the fact of the matter paddy112 is that, ignoring the legal implications, that no one will be selling an ebike that's capable of 25mph for 20 miles with no pedalling for £600.

Even 2nd hand, you'd be looking at a good £1500 at least.

That kit you linked - it's big, it's heavy, it's a pig to pedal unpowered and even with the 20ah battery it still might not make it 20 miles. People on here are knowledgable and know that that kit would be a pile of c**p and if they were building a bike that could go that far @ that speed, they'd be using a good quality bike with good brakes and suspension, so that would bump the cost up right away.

*This* is the kind of bike you're asking for and look at how much that sold for 2nd hand.

Reactions: cwah

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Agree with Amigafan. And we both have "superbike".

Just having a decent non electric bike cost around £600. Maybe £350 for a cheap second hand?

I can't see how you expect to achieve your target

C

Cyclezee

OK, this hypothetical and illegal throughout the EU so I am not suggesting anyone do this, but any 'off the shelf' eZee bike using the V2 motor can have a 300 rpm core fitted, e.g. Torq Mk3, Sprint 8, Sprint Primo, Street, Expedir, even the Yuba el Mundo. In fact older eZee bikes with the V1 motor could be upgraded too

These motors will run quite happily at 48v and do in North America.
eZee have 48v 15Ah VP batteries that have the same case as the 36v VP, plus an eZee 48v 11Ah battery could run in parallel to increase capacity to 26Ah, so that thing would fly for quite a distance.
Stopping is another issue, the brakes would need to be upgraded to hydraulic, my choice would be Magura rim brakes.

It would cost a lot more than £600

Reactions: D8ve

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Having learned that averaging at least 25 mph for 15 miles without pedalling is not realistic for an e-bike, and that some very restrictive laws do apply in Ireland, I get the impression that Paddy may have departed.

He seemed very irritated by that news and in denial about the law, but then went quiet after his initial burst of posts.