Wedding or Bike Ride???

C

Cyclezee

It's a bit of a dilema, but what are you doing tomorrow? Going to the wedding, watching the wedding, or going for a bike ride or going for a bike ride to the wedding:confused:

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Just had a chat to a fellow cyclist at work and he is going off for a two hour ride. He is old enough to remember the last one and said the roads were practically deserted. Shame I have to work and probably watch the ruddy thing tomorrow - would have been nice to have got a choice.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I would have been heading for the hills with a good book and no telly in my new camper except DVLA still delaying the registration....So I guess I will remain in bed with said good book and turn the electrics of at the mains:confused:

and if there is a street party I will turn the hose pipe on them.........

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
Not much chance of a street party here. I do remember the last one (was it 1981?) - I was on a roof, laying tiles in a small village in East Lothian (Athelstaneford, I think). Not one car or pedestrian passed through the village during the service - very peaceful, it was. I would definitely vote for the bike ride.

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
Watch the wedding and then go out on your bike. In todays culture i bet everyone will be drinking in the afternoon so that means the roads will still be fairly quiet or i will be like deathrace 2000 with all the drink drivers. I would like o think the first one though especially if its a nice day people may make use of their bbqs

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
It is supposed to rain heavily....I guess that is something.

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Speaking for the younger generation.

I will be out tonight, hung over tomorrow watching the wedding then heading out in the afternoon for a BBQ.

I presume the majority will be doing similar!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Anything but the wedding. Isn't anyone else sick to death of the protracted hype and hysteria?

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
I bought tickets for the Upton on Severn Folk Festival long before the nuptials were announced. So I'm just exchanging one procession of becostumed oddbods for another, really. Morris on!

lantus

Pedelecer
May 28, 2010
already googled my route to herrington country park well out the way( if the weathers fine):)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Wedding? What wedding?
Nothing happening here :)
If you search through all the TV channels you may just find a mention of a Kate Middleton somewhere. Apparently she's marrying a helicopter pilot tomorrow.

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Boys done well for him self if you ask me.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Whilst the royals are displaying their bizarre breeding rituals to all and sundry me and Mrs Wales will be getting people onto our lovely bikes this long weekend.
Looking forward to it!

Trex 850

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Got decorating to do, hopefully will get down to Hampstead Heath in the afternoon with a couple of new cycling buddies- looks like I may have started a trend in my area as I've recently noticed more ebike's on the road :D ,,,

Apr 19, 2011
Weddings and e-bikes

Whilst the royals are displaying their bizarre breeding rituals to all and sundry me and Mrs Wales will be getting people onto our lovely bikes this long weekend.
Looking forward to it!
Hi JucyBike,

We have had a rush of girls up here these past months that are combining weddings with e-bikes! It seems that hiring e-bikes has become the thing to do for hen weekends... there is a photo of some here on our old site: LEV electric bikes for individuals and businesses (cant seem to upload image)

Rgds,

James

Last edited:

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
My friends and I are cycling down the River Lea from Hertford tomorrow (visiting a few pubs, naturally) while our wives are having a party with fancy red white and blue hats in front of a television.

I imagine most here would prefer my choice.