Weird Electric Bike on Ebay

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48V-350W-Electric-Bike-Phoenix-Brand-New-Sale/322941679251?hash=item4b30d2f693:g:xSYAAOSwO7haNHHo

I had to look at this one a long time to figure everything out, but the whole concept doesn't seem to make no sense. It has:

A heavy sprung saddle
No gears
A double single brake lever that works both brakes.
48v battery in a bag on the rack
KT controller
Back wheel in upside down so that the cable exits up. Don't ride it in the wet like that.

I think the guy that put it all together must have done it after spending the evening at one of Soundwave's soirees or have I been wearing my square helmet too long?. With a few small changes it could make a nice project, but not for £1000 - maybe £750 more like it.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I'm disappointed, I hoped the 48v battery was hidden in the pump!

rower

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2018
Berks and Bucks
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

DynatechFan

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2017
t'North
their seller feedback show mostly batteries sold, so maybe they are diversifying

The bike in this post looks plain dangerous and dreadful value. Shiny chrome bars with no proper grips! A load of bodges to the brakes that dont even bear thinking about. The gearing? Well, my single speed is c2:1 this looks almost unusable to anyone without knees/thighs like Geoff Capes. And all built on a £30 Chinese steel frame with £10 Brooks knock off that will be horribly uncomfortable. Fairly convinced the handlebar stem is over extended and unsafe too. My top bid you be £150 to £200 for the ebike parts assuming they arent bodged too - and factoring some money to take the frame etc to the tip

DynatechFan

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2017
t'North
If you *must* got down the weird retro motorbike route then this might be a better place to start, bit of class there, no?:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Possibly more important, how do you get off it? Especially if you have an accident...
A trike is easy: you are on the ground underneath it, how do you get it off? :D Yes I have tested personally...

• :D
Reactions: oyster

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Nothing like being obvious is there?
In the Gurnsey thread I think Flecc said the police tend not to throw the book at people, I think this might proof the exception.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nothing like being obvious is there?
In the Gurnsey thread I think Flecc said the police tend not to throw the book at people, I think this might proof the exception.
Only 1000 Watts though. This one below is 6000 Watts and powers to 50 mph:

Or if your want obvious: