what electric bikes have you ridden at all

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
then i will be asking about electric assist tandems........................incidently i have never read any mention of them...are there any ?....
Silly question. :D

When could two cyclists ever agree about which is the best e-bike motor, or even whether e-bikes are cheating or not? :rolleyes:

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Hi Keith,
Yes, the Alien Lynx is identicle to the Vivace with the 24 volt Phylion battery behind the seat

It was after reading your extensive report on your experiences with the "Vivace" that prompted me to buy the Alien Lynx. It was a good bit cheaper than the Synergie, but the eighteen speeds are a complete waste of weight, the front mech and indexer removed soon after the first run. As has been said before, it simply added more lower gears.

It's a useful little machine for shooting round to the shops, also, when going to steam rallies, airshows and classic car rallies I take it with me in the boot of the car.
The old knee's get a bit sore after walking around these shows for a couple of hours, but stick me on a leccy bike and I can pootle about all day.

Of course, it's always best to test ride to ensure the machine is right for the job, however, in this case I was quite happy to buy online purely on the basis of your report. And I have no regrets on that decision.

Cheers and beers

Bob
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
thanks very much bob, thats quite made my night, im not what anyone would call a tech guru...more a sarcastic sod :eek: ...so when someone sings me praise im over the moon.......................i can imagine it being a good getabout for them fairs as they can stretch for miles, and if the suspension is half as good as my vivace was then perfect.....it was too bouncy for the flat as it took energy out of pedaling, but rough ground IDEAL....thanks bob :)

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Here you go Keith - you must have missed this one!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------things can be in front of your face but if your not looking for them or have no interest they are invisible.......the tandam looks very big and tough..might be my imagination..but for tandam riders i reckon its brilliant...apart from the price which spoils it totally, what need is there for that, its just bloody insulting and will stop any new people thinking of going tandam....
thanks for finding and showing it frank as i do find it attractive..in a bike kind of way, just angry :mad: at the price...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
thanks for finding and showing it frank as i do find it attractive..in a bike kind of way, just angry :mad: at the price...
The Swiss makers BikeTech position their products as the Rolls Royce of e-bikes, and their other bikes are also more expensive than rivals. The quality though is as good as it can possibly be, quality always put before price.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
The Swiss makers BikeTech position their products as the Rolls Royce of e-bikes, and their other bikes are also more expensive than rivals. The quality though is as good as it can possibly be, quality always put before price.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

its like these cars that cost so much you think they wont sell many, people buy them sometimes cos they cost so much..................and not always a case of they cost too much...i just cant afford them.