What's flecc up to now?...

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Well, he's admitted its a bike, so some of the juicier theories are out of the window. But has it been confirmed as electric?

Nick

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I replied that the length of daily distance depended on how many times it was charged, though I didn't say what with. :D

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
depended on how many times it was charged, though I didn't say what with. :D
So it could be a fugitive from justice, an array of Russian cannons, or a very flexible credit card.

But I do have a vision of an electric machine, and flecc in his tower during a lightning storm, silver hair and wild staring eyes, crying "at the height of the storm, Igor, throw the switch".

3 hour charge time be damned.

Nick

tgame

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2007
Felixstowe
www.axst45.dsl.pipex.com
So it could be a fugitive from justice, an array of Russian cannons, or a very flexible credit card.

But I do have a vision of an electric machine, and flecc in his tower during a lightning storm, silver hair and wild staring eyes, crying "at the height of the storm, Igor, throw the switch".

3 hour charge time be damned.

Nick
Mmmm! One remembers that Chernobyl was an experiment!!!! :mad:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Mmmm! One remembers that Chernobyl was an experiment!!!! :mad:
Actually a unit 4 commisioning test of a well established design which is still running at other locations, including the worlds's two largest nuclear stations, at 1500 megawatt each. ;)

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Last time, Flecc peppered the forum with clues, which I didn't see until after the release despite an alarm bell or two ringing at times.

This time I'm stumped . . . . . .so far!

Cheers,

Django

richard

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2007
berkshire RG8 UK
Hmmmm,

it could be charged with hydrogen ??

it could be charged with air ??

it could be charged with lox as in superconducting magnet ??

or are you leading us up the garden path, no, I think you have something far more subtle and wily up your sleeve.

It would not surprise me if you charmed some glamorous muscular female and popped her on the back of a newly improvised tandem.

whatever it is I'm sure you will keep us guessing Flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry, but no clues, as it's not my secret to keep. There's a very important reason why it cannot be revealed, but sometime later in the year I should be able to be forthcoming with luck.

First month just completed as today was day 31, with 830.8 miles covered with no riding on one of those days.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes it is Simon, no-one spotting anything out of the ordinary, including club riders I've stopped and chatted with at times. To confuse matters further, I'm still using my own Q bike as well for my usual trips, though the T bike is laid up for the winter. It'll come out when there's warm sunshine in a couple of months with luck.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Sorry, but no clues, as it's not my secret to keep. There's a very important reason why it cannot be revealed, but sometime later in the year I should be able to be forthcoming with luck.

First month just completed as today was day 31, with 830.8 miles covered with no riding on one of those days.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
my guess will be a a new battery...as we know they need testing befor coming out ....;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
my guess will be a a new battery...as we know they need testing befor coming out ....;)
:confused:

That would be difficult, I've never ridden a battery! No wheels you see. :D

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
:confused:

That would be difficult, I've never ridden a battery! No wheels you see. :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
smart answer..obviously i flustered you..if its a success and last 50% longer put me down for the first one off the line...ok second after you;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flustered, no. You've got a bike already, though perhaps you want a second one like me. You'll have to wait before you learn of this one though

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Flustered, no. You've got a bike already, though perhaps you want a second one like me. ------ -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nope i dont want a second bike, in fact my second bike a powabyke im selling tomorrow....only done 30 miles on it, bought for £165 and selling for £190 such is the "pull" of electric bikes....i dont want a second bike as the one i have is perfect for my useage, pops on trains, folds in 15 seconds, light enough to carry one handed if need be, small enough to get in a "suitcase bag"...when its made, then can pop on buses.....and lastly it does my 11 mile journey in all weather on power only and still on green, helped by more or less total flat ground....the only way it could be bettered is for a 50% longer lasting battery, dont mean 9 months warranty instaed of 6..although that would be acceptable too..:D but i mean 50% extra so 16 miles and not 11....surley must be possible....cant we stick another half pack of batteries in it ???????...or just wait for your testing of this new super strength longer lasting non cut out battery.....however i have had thoughts about one of them new fab aggutta bikes with there 50 mile range for summer days and leaisurely journeys..but we know what thought did...:rolleyes:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I didn't know you still had a Powabyke, well kept secret. I'm not too sure you'd like the Panasonic system on the Kalkhoff, since you'd have to pedal all the time with those.

I'm surprised that you're only getting 11 miles on the Quando, I always got around 15 on either Li-ion or NiMh. I can't see how they can make a bigger battery, since some models don't allow more battery height, the Quando 1 and I think the discontinued Chopper for example. The only hope is if they are able to pack in more capacity in the existing case like Wisper's new battery that will be available to UK customers in April. I'd guess their main aim will be to finally stop the cutting out and make them last longer though, since that's what's troubling everyone. Trying to pack in more capacity could make those worse, and I bet that's the last thing they'd risk.