Where Do You Live V2.0

JohnofCambridge

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2007
Stapleford, Cambridge
Hi folks,

Like Mary in Oxford my user name gives my location away as does my location reference. Post code is a bit of an issue. I was CB2, but the post office have changed it to CB22 and confused everyone. So I will just stay south of Cambridge for now

John

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You can look at the place marks on Google Earth - if you've downloaded it - by clicking the link at the top, which reveals that some members are living in fields and hedgerows! :eek:
Too right, my mark isn't exactly where I live, since I deliberately offset it somewhat, so i imagine others have done the same. Too much online info can be dangerous. :)

C

Cyclezee

Too right, my mark isn't exactly where I live, since I deliberately offset it somewhat, so i imagine others have done the same. Too much online info can be dangerous. :)
The reason I suggested using only the first part of the postcode is to be delieratly vague and not give away exact locations. Mine for example is more than a mile from where I live.;)

John:)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The reason I suggested using only the first part of the postcode is to be delieratly vague and not give away exact locations. Mine for example is more than a mile from where I live.;)

John:)
Unfortunately doing that dumped mine in a very town like location, very much at odds from where I am, so I modified it to suit.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Entered it for you Simon. :)

Members map

Highlight your name to get the edit label up, then move the slider up to three quarters to expand the map and you'll see yourself just riding out of Willesden Lane right turning into Kilburn High Road. :D

Last edited:

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
Just pipped for most northerly member on the map by John Fleet at my primary address and by JohnL for most southerly at my other!

Last edited:

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
So the most northerly and southerly are pretty obvious. I live at 1100 feet above sea level. Can you beat that?
JohnL from Denver Colarado at over 5000 feet (I think)

Cheers,

Django

Last edited:

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Hi Mary,

Type in the first part of your postcode to the search box top left.

Click 'search'

Click 'save to maps'

Click 'save' again

Put your name in the 'title' box

Click on the blue icon and replace with a bicycle

Click 'OK'

Job done.

Or PM me the first part of your postcode and I am happy to do it for you.

Cheers,

Django

MaryinScotland

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2006
Dumfries, SW Scotland
Thanks, Django, I've done it now.
Interesting to see that, based on OX1, Google not only moved me out of the city centre and beyond the ring road, but placed me on a golf course!

Mary
PS - I've now moved my placemark to somewhere a little more realistic. I don't play golf...

Last edited: