Where Do You Live V2.0

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
To all of you who have already added the 1st part of your postcode to your location and those who are still thinking about doing it, please add a placemark here Google Maps
I have asked if Russ if there could be a permanent link on the forum to the map.
We've moved and I can't figure out how to move my icon to the new location on the map. Do you have to do it for members?
Cheers, Tony

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We've moved and I can't figure out how to move my icon to the new location on the map. Do you have to do it for members?
Cheers, Tony
Cyclezee left the forum some while ago Tony, so I'm the only map editor left now. If you let me know the first half of your new post code I'll reposition your icon,

Another Tony

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
Cyclezee left the forum some while ago Tony, so I'm the only map editor left now. If you let me know the first half of your new post code I'll reposition your icon,

Another Tony
Tony-
BH12 only one digit changed, but ironically next to Bournemouth University but just over the border located in Poole! It's a mock-tudoor style housing estate called Talbot Village, It's more like tosser village, they all have their cleaners and gardeners, and 2 or 3 suv's in the driveways.
Cheers, Tony

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Tony-
BH12 only one digit changed, but ironically next to Bournemouth University but just over the border located in Poole! It's a mock-tudoor style housing estate called Talbot Village, It's more like tosser village, they all have their cleaners and gardeners, and 2 or 3 suv's in the driveways.
Cheers, Tony
Now moved Tony, riding on Melbury Avenue. I remember that area well, lived at Winton, Bournemouth from 1946 to 1954 inclusive when it was still Hampshire. Charminster School and Bournemouth Grammar, then working at what is now Crescent Motorcycles, still run by the Denning family. My father was manager of the Poole Harbour Yacht Club.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm in Reading, Berks.

There doesn't appear to be anybody else in Reading according to the map?
You're now in Juzzy, riding on Oxford Road.

Map Link

Strange there's no Reading e-biking entries, it's rated the third least car-friendly place in Britain, beaten to worst only by London (1st) and Manchester (2nd).

JuzzyD

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 7, 2016
Berkshire
Thanks Flecc.

Yes, some parts of Reading aren't the best - not necessarily the roads or layouts, mainly the car and van drivers!

Luckily my commute from Tilehurst to Shinfield isn't too bad, although there are a couple of nasty/awkward sections to negotiate...

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I can't seem to add a placemarker to the map - My postcode is CF41
You're in now Tigerbay, riding on Ystrad Road.

Members have to be entered by an editor, since if there was open access, somone could wreck the map by deletions or moves of others.

Map Link

Damian.Doherty

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Derry, Ireland
Hi Flecc,

If all goes well I should be getting my Woosh Rio MTB before the end of next week, could you please put my marker at BT47 5QS

I know most people only use the first part of their postcode but BT47 is very big!

That makes me the first and only in Derry!

glensman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 18, 2014
We only ever ask fo the first half of the postcode Phill, and that;s how you are currently entered. If you feel the road position you are on is too close for comfort, I can move the position a bit further away if you wish, onto a different road for example.

My first half code landed me right on where I live for example, so I shifted it slightly and I now appear to live in a golf course bunker.
That is a location where I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time when not cycling!

• :D
Reactions: flecc

Jerrymond

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2017
Huddersfield
Hi I'm in hd3 could you add me please. Also I don't know how to see where other people are when I click on the map link. Could you educate me please?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Flecc,

If all goes well I should be getting my Woosh Rio MTB before the end of next week, could you please put my marker at BT47 5QS

I know most people only use the first part of their postcode but BT47 is very big!

That makes me the first and only in Derry!
You're in now Damian, sorry I missed your entry earlier.

Map Link

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi I'm in hd3 could you add me please. Also I don't know how to see where other people are when I click on the map link. Could you educate me please?
You're in now Jerrymond, riding on New Hey Road:

Map Link

When you click on the map link, use the + - at lower right of the map or mouse scroll wheel to expand it to show the entries more clearly, then locate the area you want to look at. Alternatively, to find where someone is, click on their name in the list and their symbol will be pointed to on the map. Then you can contract the map to show the surroundings and any others nearby.

And if you click on any of the bike symbols on the map, you'll be shown who it is and their name highlighted in the list.

• Useful
Reactions: Jerrymond

Jerrymond

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2017
Huddersfield
You're in now Jerrymond, riding on New Hey Road:

Map Link

When you click on the map link, use the + - at lower right of the map or mouse scroll wheel to expand it to show the entries more clearly, then locate the area you want to look at. Alternatively, to find where someone is, click on their name in the list and their symbol will be pointed to on the map. Then you can contract the map to show the surroundings and any others nearby.

And if you click on any of the bike symbols on the map, you'll be shown who it is and their name highlighted in the list.
That's brilliant thanks Flecc