where to buy 8fun spares

cloudwarrior

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 3, 2012
Hello
I have an 8fun kit and i am looking to get some spare parts. Nothing has failed yet, but i would like to get a few parts ready for when/if parts fail.

Initially i would like to a pedelec sensor, and then maybe a spare throttle and a spare main control switch (the handlebar switch) .

I tried contacting the 8fun dealer who i bought from and no luck - may just have to keep trying/pestering!

Any thoughts on another source of where i can get these from?
regards

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
cloudwarrior not that I don't see you often :p

but I doubt you need to worry about failures, they are very robust and by the time it be better off buying a new motor.

Ah just re-read your post. Most those parts are available on line, ebay even or me :)

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes, eBay for most of it...if the drive gears in the motor go I think you'll end up buying another motor as a 'kit of spare parts' ;)

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
The gears are an easily changed and cheap part, they are consumable so not a reason to buy a new motor.
When mine went (not 8fun) I had plenty of notice, it wasn't a sudden failure.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This seems to be a problem with buying kit motors. The better suppliers of complete e-bikes keep motor gears and other relevant spares in stock from day one, but many kit suppliers don't seem to realise the need for the same service.

Suppliers of both e-bikes and kits may well be an exception though.