Which helmet for ebike? What do you use?

D

Deleted member 33385

Just found and ordered a Giro Fixture Mips helmet at go outdoors - £50 with the discount card, £3.25 postage. Fluorescent yellow. A pair of those waterproof lobster gloves have just arrived too.

Fingers might be better protected in impacts while paired together in a Lobster glove...

D

Deleted member 33385

the stud used to mount a visor on the ski helmet smashed his temple and he has been in a coma basically since.

That's a terrible tragedy. The visor stud design error would also invalidate it's use as a ski helmet.

Edward Elizabeth

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2020
Buckinghamshire
"pentiumofborg, post: 597690, member: 33385
I had one or two drop handled racers and they were bloody quick! I had a few accidents with those... but bikes haven't killed me yet!
And they are unlikely to do so in the future. Cycling is an inherently safe activity - mile for mile you're more likely to die while walking than cycling.

Approach the activity with a modicum of good sense and the overwhelming likelihood is you will be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: pentiumofborg
D

Deleted member 33385

...the so called "high density" foam came off easily, and it's so big that it fits OVER my normal bike helmet! The JOAK helmet completely covers my normal bike helmet! Now, if that visor was in better shape, the combination of the two would have made a good cold/wet weather visored helmet...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

D

Deleted member 33385

View attachment 40286

If that had an oxygen tank, it'd be perfect! Or I could go full Ned Kelly:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armour_of_the_Kelly_gang#/media/File:Ned_kelly_armour_library.JPG

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you go through a puddle that big ur at the bottom of the canal :p

• :D
D

Deleted member 33385

After sending the seller of that joke/JOAK helmet a whole bunch of irate and angry emails, I've been refunded in full! I have now have a free faceguard for strimming in the garden. And this is why I love ebay: It's seller beware! You'll never catch me selling anything on ebay... too many awful buyers....

Last edited:
Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

you buy from china you get what you pay for my Cree 6000lm light for ten quid was fkn useless and more like 600!

i now have a magicshine 8000lm light with a 6 cell 18650 batt and can do about 1hr15mins at full power as best bang for the bucks i could find at £150 when others can cost £1000s

min
DSC_0146_01.JPG

max
DSC_0150_01_01.JPG

D

Deleted member 33385

you buy from china you get what you pay for my Cree 6000lm light for ten quid was fkn useless and more like 600!

i now have a magicshine 8000lm light with a 6 cell 18650 batt and can do about 1hr15mins at full power as best bang for the bucks i could find at £150 when others can cost £1000s

View attachment 40290

min
View attachment 40288

max
View attachment 40289

Do you use that mad bright light on your bike?!?!?!?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0050_02.JPG
;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

:eek:

D

Deleted member 33385

:eek:

That looks like another moment of looking death or serious injury in the face to me - imagine a blowout downhill! Did you change your brand of sealant?

Extra torque as a result of the motor use does worry me, I may order wheels with more spokes...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

everyday is a good day to die carrots don't work .

D

Deleted member 33385

and the dentist cost a fortune. :eek:

You're absolutely right! I lost two teeth a very long time ago in a fight with three guys: one molar cracked and was later lost after a really strong left hook to my jaw, and another molar went after the other side of my jaw hit the pavement. Once you lose teeth, the bone around where they were thins out, and gets weaker. It's best to keep teeth - so I've ordered a BMX helmet with a jawguard from amazon. I don't think it's wise to use any helmet lacking a jawguard.

D

Deleted member 33385

Thanks Soundwave! I wouldn't have bought a helmet with jawguards, if you hadn't gone on about dentists.

Phil180861

Just Joined
Jan 19, 2021
I use the Livall smart helmet.I use my bike as a tour bike.I am impressed I can hear the performance and nav instructions over the traffic.You can also choose unlimited songs for your trip.
The helmet has rear leds that are very clear in all conditions.Indicator leds are also a feature but would not depend on them.
Very handy you can also take a phone call on the move, or speak to fellow riders in your group with the same helmet.

D

Deleted member 33385

I use the Livall smart helmet.I use my bike as a tour bike.I am impressed I can hear the performance and nav instructions over the traffic.You can also choose unlimited songs for your trip.
The helmet has rear leds that are very clear in all conditions.Indicator leds are also a feature but would not depend on them.
Very handy you can also take a phone call on the move, or speak to fellow riders in your group with the same helmet.

That's a great looking helmet with oodles of gizmology inside! I'd peronally worry about impacts from the side at the jaw. It's great that the speakers are positioned so that you can also hear traffic, very important! If my BMX-style helmet with jaw protection (when it arrives) dulls traffic noise, I'll depend more on the handlebar rear view mirror... or drill a few small holes...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

Further to my enlightening consultations with members Soundwave and Mt247, I decided that this is the only sane helmet design to use... arrived today. It feels so safe, I now wear it constantly around the house...

Reactions: mt247