Which Kit?

D

Deleted member 4366

The 201 RPM motor is a bit too slow. i think the 260 rpm one will be better even if you restrict the speed to 25 km/h.

You don't need to order the LCD, PAS and throttle because they're already included with the battery and controller. Look at the small picture under the battery. it shows everything that you get.

IIRC, that 17 amp controller gives you the opportunity to increase the current up to about 19 amps by software settings if you find that 17A is not enough.

John L

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2007
Hi all.

Just a short update to wrap up the thread.

The original PAS is working great. Very responsive.

I've been experimenting with different assist levels and I'm settling on level 2 (average - drop to level 1 in pedestrian areas and level 3 for climbs). For me this feels very like real cycling. I go up and down through the gears as necessary and average about 15.5mph. So far at this level over 26 miles I'm still showing 3/4 of battery power. I expect this to go to 1/2 power at about 32 or so. This suggests I can reach the 50/60 mile range comfortably.

Overall I'm very happy with the setup. Thanks to everyone for putting me on the right road and keeping me on it:) Cheers.

John

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kinninvie

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
So - Q128C 201RPM arrived from BMS today - no duty. Controller's also arrived from PSWPower. A veritable spaghetti junction of wires. Just beed to make it all work now. Using an existing 48v battery from Jimmy at BGA which is fairly fresh so hopefully, all the converison planets align and I'm off and running soon. Thanks for all the tips on bits to buy. John L - how is yours going? Cheers. Matt

John L

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2007
So - Q128C 201RPM arrived from BMS today - no duty. Controller's also arrived from PSWPower. A veritable spaghetti junction of wires. Just beed to make it all work now. Using an existing 48v battery from Jimmy at BGA which is fairly fresh so hopefully, all the converison planets align and I'm off and running soon. Thanks for all the tips on bits to buy. John L - how is yours going? Cheers. Matt
Hi Matt

Wouldn't you know it since I finished the build I've been unwell and haven't been able to get out:(

Last time I was on it I was more than happy.

Did BMSB use FedEx? About 4 weeks after wheel arrived I got a bill of 60e to cover additional carriage cost (12e) and vat at 48e.

Hopefully you'll have a smooth build:)

John

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
Ah no - sorry to hear that John. BMSB used DHL for mine. Just had the motor - no wheel. So possible I'll still get a bill.

I'll post updates!

Speedy recovery too. Matt.